Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Has anyone made the move on their own?

Wikiposts

Has anyone made the move on their own?

Old Nov 18th 2006, 9:01 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone made the move on their own?

[QUOTE=britvic]
Originally Posted by blaze
May be he just likes small thing's

Funny, I never thought that about him but you never truly know someone I guess!
Old Nov 18th 2006, 9:02 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Some were nice here and some were not!!!
The thing about BE is, guess what? When you are new here not everybody gets the sense of humour. Especially if you are a 21 year old girl.
Sometimes when you are alone and afraid and heading for the other side of the world, it takes more courage to come here for the sake of it that it does because your job sent you and you have nothing to worry about other than filtering your pool.

So, for all the nobhead Brit ex-pat rich kids that took the Michael, I think you should mail this girl and give her some advice and encouragement. You may have turned her off America. People come here for help and advice. Some of you treat it like a gentleman's club for the elite. It is getting old and is useless if you cant be constructive.

All of you have good advice and experience to share. We were all newbies (I still am) once. So think twice and stop being dicks.

Thank you and goodnight

(PS - I am gettin gflamed for this aint I ha ha)
Be nice folks
you had some good points but lost it when you called people rich knobheads some people here obviously are on the forum as they are having a rotten time here and others can help and identify with it. So they are giving advice as how they see it.

I actually like it here so if someone has decided they are coming here and are excited I tend to join in with them believing there is a season for everything (cry with those that cry, laugh with those that laugh (I'm getting too philosophical ).

My point is they will probably be disillusioned on their own quickly enough and they don't need my help in discovering that.
So if you feel others are too negative etc just try and counterbalance it with your thoughts
But everyone has a point and I'm glad we are such a weird mixture as it makes it fun here and another different viewpoint is always good.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 10:07 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=blaze]
Originally Posted by gardnma

Now be a good guy and put your avatar back the way it was, Thank you!
Pourquoi mon chere? Tu not like les MG's?
Par ce que Tu likes le Monsieur L'agent qui s'appelle Judge Dredd a bit more?

Or perhaps you noticed the very quick change to an early Sean Connery before the new one????

Its so cool to be tri lingual.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 10:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
you had some good points but lost it when you called people rich knobheads some people here obviously are on the forum as they are having a rotten time here and others can help and identify with it. So they are giving advice as how they see it.

I actually like it here so if someone has decided they are coming here and are excited I tend to join in with them believing there is a season for everything (cry with those that cry, laugh with those that laugh (I'm getting too philosophical ).

My point is they will probably be disillusioned on their own quickly enough and they don't need my help in discovering that.
So if you feel others are too negative etc just try and counterbalance it with your thoughts
But everyone has a point and I'm glad we are such a weird mixture as it makes it fun here and another different viewpoint is always good.
Good post.

Here, here.........
Old Nov 18th 2006, 11:16 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=gardnma]

Pourquoi mon chere? Tu not like les MG's?
Par ce que Tu likes le Monsieur L'agent qui s'appelle Judge Dredd a bit more?

Or perhaps you noticed the very quick change to an early Sean Connery before the new one????

Its so cool to be tri lingual.

Tri lingual, sounds very Oo la la!

You've had Sean too, I didn't notice!
Old Nov 18th 2006, 11:24 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=blaze]

Tri lingual, sounds very Oo la la!

You've had Sean too, I didn't notice!
It was a flash in the pan
Not sure if I like the new one yet.
Love the cars though.

I'll be off now, I'm watching Dr Who, with the kiddies.

TTFN
Old Nov 18th 2006, 11:27 am
Blondie22

[QUOTE=gardnma]

Love the cars though.

TTFN

Ta Ta!
Old Nov 18th 2006, 12:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm not rich.

Wish I was, if I were, All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum
............If I were a wealthy man.

...you're not a kid either.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=gardnma]

Love the cars though.

TTFN
I like this one better
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone made the move on their own?-judge_dredd_02.jpg  
Old Nov 18th 2006, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
...you're not a kid either.
Ho hum.
One can allways pretend.....
Old Nov 18th 2006, 3:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ho hum.
One can allways pretend.....

Yeah...well you'll have to get up very early to get one over on this Jerseygirl.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Sally]

I like this one better
Cool, like it.
Ta

Dredd's face was allways so freakin mean looking.
I went bananas when Stallone made that movie. The best part was the opening credits.

Last edited by gardnma; Nov 18th 2006 at 3:10 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 3:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yeah...well you'll have to get up very early to get one over on this Jerseygirl.
Just have to stay up all night then.
Right, here goes....

*thump*
Old Nov 18th 2006, 3:34 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=gardnma]
Originally Posted by Sally

Cool, like it.
Ta

Dredd's face was allways so freakin mean looking.
I went bananas when Stallone made that movie. The best part was the opening credits.

You're welcome.
Agreed, a diabolical choice.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

David Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Richardson has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Seab. I came on my own in 1979 to Chicago tho' I did have a job with a British Co. They sent out 5 unmarried guys and gave us a 10 state territory each. Huge and we were on the road the whole time. Luckily , I met my wife about 9 months later and we were married in 1981. We moved to Atlanta. She had a teaching job and I started my own repping business in just 4 states incl Florida.We're still married, 2 kids in college and have done steadily better with each passing year. Re Orlando - there are very nice areas surrounding it. Winter Park,Deland and others. It is a tourist mecca but does support a vibrant economy in other ways too. If you're coming alone - rent an apartment, get a roommate to share expenses ( lots of apt complexes have roommate finding programs. I'm now a Realtor and have access to lots of info. <<snip -PM for info>>

Last edited by Bob; Nov 19th 2006 at 9:32 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.