Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

Old Nov 23rd 2006, 2:52 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Originally Posted by carolf
[color=red]
We are having a traditional meal, Turkey, Ham, wine, and a few forbidden delights, like candy and cakes.
There's a suprise
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 2:54 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pickles
Heading over to our neighbours house for dinner, me and the wife bring our own tofurkey and gravey as we are both vegaterians. Lot's of strange questions last year like:

Are all English people vegaterians? (Ans: I'm Welsh)
Ohh so only Welsh people are vegetarian? (Ans: That's right.)
Where is Wales? (West of England and east of Ireland seperated by the Irish sea.)
SO is it in England or Ireland then? (Ans: Neither)
That's weird (from a 43 year old father of 2!)
So did you make your wife become a vegaterian before you would marry her? (Ans: No she was a vegaterian when I met her, I changed to being a vegaterian after we got married)
I don't think that's right making Americans change their religion to marry someone from another country. (Rebuff: Neither of us is religious were both athiest)
But the English came over here to be religious, that's why we have Thanksgiving.

I could go on, but I have to defrost the tofurkey.

Happy Thanksgiving one and all!
Tofurkey????? FFS
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 2:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We'll probably see the new James Bond film.
and miss some delicious "Tofurkey"? How could you?
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 2:56 am
Account Closed

I can handle the turkey and trimming but I just hope to God theres none of that green bean casserole snot passed around this year.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 2:58 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rushman
I can handle the turkey and trimming but I just hope to God theres none of that green bean casserole snot passed around this year.
lol what is it with 'em all...green beans all the time, everywhere i go it's green beans
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 3:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol what is it with 'em all...green beans all the time, everywhere i go it's green beans

You forgot the mushroom soup. :scared:
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 3:03 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

....and the tinned "French fried onions" on top.... :scared:
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 3:05 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

and French's fried onions on the top, I love that dish :scared:
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 3:06 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
my mum in law makes that shit and people get a bit offended when I load my plate up with turkey (NOT tofurkey), ham, mash potatoes and my own sausagemeat stuffing courtesy of paxo and devilled eggs, but completely avoide the green bean casserole, tinned mushrooms in dirty rice and what other tat they are serving.

I thought it was thanksgiving dinner for petes sake, not the last meal of an inmate in a japanese WW2 concentration camp....
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 3:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
and French's fried onions on the top, I love that dish :scared:
LIAR..now I've said it.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 3:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by snowbunny
....and the tinned "French fried onions" on top.... :scared:
You got it.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 3:18 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

LIAR..now I've said it.
No I really do. We're going out to eat, open buffet and all you can drink champers...............Elina is driving
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 3:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by lionheart
No I really do. We're going out to eat, open buffet and all you can drink champers...............Elina is driving
Enjoy your day Tom...Elina must be a very special lady.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 3:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
my mum in law makes that shit and people get a bit offended when I load my plate up with turkey (NOT tofurkey), ham, mash potatoes and my own sausagemeat stuffing courtesy of paxo and devilled eggs, but completely avoide the green bean casserole, tinned mushrooms in dirty rice and what other tat they are serving.

I thought it was thanksgiving dinner for petes sake, not the last meal of an inmate in a japanese WW2 concentration camp....
Good description...spot on...."Load of old tat".

Just gimme the meat and potatoes if there no Yorkshires and you can keep the rest. I'm not eating muck just because it might offend if I don't.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 3:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Rushman
Good description...spot on...."Load of old tat".

Just gimme the meat and potatoes if there no Yorkshires and you can keep the rest. I'm not eating muck just because it might offend if I don't.
I knew you liked a bit of Yorkie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.