Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

Old Nov 22nd 2006, 5:56 pm
long live thefinest range

Location: Higham Ferrers, Northants to Spokane Washington and back again!!
Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Originally Posted by gardnma
Yer, we will be doing the thxgiving meal. This year we have a precooked turkey breast. The Mrs will do yams, stuffing, a green veg dish, and lots of baking. We will watch the Macy's day parade and lounge like drunken, beached whales for a day or two.
looked like you were getting into it to me, you'll be watching the football (american) next
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 6:00 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jen_andreson
Too right. M&S would save the day.

Do you have a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods? We've had good luck with TJs in the past.

Nearest TJ's is half an hour's drive away In the time it would take to get there and back I could make one of my Boursin-spinach roll thingies. If I could be Rsed that is. Which brings us back to... "do a deer a female deer" - no, actually, I prefer opera - we are actually going to see Manon Lescault in SF tonight, so it's not all bad
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hayley
looked like you were getting into it to me, you'll be watching the football (american) next
Septic holidays are allright. I allways hang the Union Jack up on the 4th July.
Trick is, if you don't mind, to pick the ones you can enjoy and corrupt them with as much Englishness as the other half can stand.

As for football ......F&%k off. I will not, cannot get into that dull game.

Now, Rugby.........different matter.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

jen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Nearest TJ's is half an hour's drive away In the time it would take to get there and back I could make one of my Boursin-spinach roll thingies. If I could be Rsed that is. Which brings us back to... "do a deer a female deer" - no, actually, I prefer opera - we are actually going to see Manon Lescault in SF tonight, so it's not all bad
Sorry about TJs--they're my usual easy fix.

Sounds like you've a perfect night out ahead--enjoy!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 6:07 pm

Hayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond reputeHayley has a reputation beyond repute

Trick is, if you don't mind, to pick the ones you can enjoy and corrupt them with as much Englishness as the other half can stand.

My other half is english too so we can create a bubble of drinking gin and tonics and sneering at the world outside no our conversations start off with a lot of.. "you won't believe what they do/ say now, what I got asked today/ what happened today" and we've been here for almost 6 years.

Knew I'd get to you with the football, my other half would rather die than attend Monday night football but gets up at all hours to watch 'soccer'
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 6:07 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to know I'm not the only thanksgiving party pooper.

Got to admire posts like hers though- I can't see myself ever being excited about American customs and calling it Candy.
Miserable git I know.
I'm celebrating by going into the office. It'll be the quietest, most stress-free day I've enjoyed since the 4th of July!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by tonrob
I'm celebrating by going into the office. It'll be the quietest, most stress-free day I've enjoyed since the 4th of July!
Well I wouldn't go as far as you and work the day- if they are going to give me a measly one day off I am going to run with it!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

I drive my Mrs up the wall with complaints.
She likes Paula Deen (if you know who that is) and I'm allways taking the piss.

Starts more arguments than anything - but God, its fun to have a go.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 6:21 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Well I wouldn't go as far as you and work the day- if they are going to give me a measly one day off I am going to run with it!
I will make sure I take a different day off in lieu. I work some of the holiday days during the year and take them off at times that are more convenient to me.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 6:28 pm

I drive my Mrs up the wall with complaints.
She likes Paula Deen (if you know who that is) and I'm allways taking the piss.

Starts more arguments than anything - but God, its fun to have a go.
Don't know Paula deen, live in British bubble. Can't imagine a mixed 'race' marriage, feel like a performing seal in the outside world need to shut the door on it at home. Plus where would I be without someone to laugh about random britishness with? I have no-one at work which explains me posting here during all my office time.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by tonrob
I will make sure I take a different day off in lieu. I work some of the holiday days during the year and take them off at times that are more convenient to me.
That's ok then! I either take it or prob lose it.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

Don't know Paula deen, live in British bubble. Can't imagine a mixed 'race' marriage, feel like a performing seal in the outside world need to shut the door on it at home. Plus where would I be without someone to laugh about random britishness with? I have no-one at work which explains me posting here during all my office time.
Yer, I've spent the whole day at work goofing off on this forum.

Pity you are in Washington, we'd have you over for a "Anglo-Septic Thxgiving"

Well, I just picked up my Turkey courtesy of the company and now the orgy of booze, carbohydrates and sleep begins.

See you later luv.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 6:39 pm

Yer, I've spent the whole day at work goofing off on this forum.

Pity you are in Washington, we'd have you over for a "Anglo-Septic Thxgiving"

Well, I just picked up my Turkey courtesy of the company and now the orgy of booze, carbohydrates and sleep begins.

See you later luv.
Ta ta have fun, I'll raise my g and t for you!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:02 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Knew I'd get to you with the football, my other half would rather die than attend Monday night football but gets up at all hours to watch 'soccer'

You know, the only way I keep up with 'socher' is via MSN.co.uk..

I figured a while back that living in the south and my wife being from knoxville, I had better get into american football or be a social leper...
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
You know, the only way I keep up with 'socher' is via MSN.co.uk..

I figured a while back that living in the south and my wife being from knoxville, I had better get into american football or be a social leper...
You poor thing!
I will not conform!

(therefore am a bit of a social leper)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.