Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

HAIRDRESSERS IN NJ??

HAIRDRESSERS IN NJ??

Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HAIRDRESSERS IN NJ??

Maybe we could all meet up sometime. I'm off to the UK next week then heading to Toronto...maybe in November.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

pickledpossum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Eeek! I feel bad about that, so sorry! What a wasted journey. Ironically I was visiting my Aussie friend yesterday afternoon after leaving EWR and she lives about 2 minute's walk behind 'Fringe'.....if we'd known you could have come round for a cuppa, her mum is over from Sydney as well right now.

Did you go to the Wine Library on Millburn Avenue at the corner of Morris Ave? It's a 10 min walk from my house....I like their 'Vasse Felix' wine from Margaret River, and another Aussie friend likes their 'Stump Jump' red wine.

Looselips; do you get your Maltesers from Gary's in Madison by any chance?

I've seen that hair salon in Morristown, it's on the square isn't it, on the same block as Century 21.... I did have a sticky beak when I peered in their window once and was astonished at the high prices in there!

Come to think of it, there is a children's hair salon in the Livingston Mall (Kids Kutz/Professional Hair) and the kids sit in little racing cars.....I'm sure their charges are inexpensive.
No problem, wanted to have a look around Maplewood anyway and also came across a fab looking yoga place whilst there. We also got to pop into the Irish pub downtown.

Back on the subject of hairdressers, I got my son's hair cut today at the kids cuts place in Summit, can't remember the name of the place, but they had the racing car/videos etc thing and the lady who cut my son's hair was excellent, and only cost $20. I am now booked into Hair Salon this weekend and shall report on how I get on

Yes, the Wine Library was the one in Millburn isn't it great, has some fab cheeses as well. And, I am already on the emailing list I also love the fact that most of the restaurants around here are BYO.

P.S. If anybody nows of a house for rent in the Millburn/Summit area please let me know. THX

PP
Old Sep 28th 2007, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

pickledpossum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Maybe we could all meet up sometime. I'm off to the UK next week then heading to Toronto...maybe in November.
Enjoy your time in the UK JG, we were there for 3 weeks at the beginning of Sept, first visit for 2 1/2 years after living in Sydney. Couldn't believe how cheap supermarket shopping was!! Forgot you got all those bogof offers. We stocked up on tins of Quality Street for Christmas

Would love to meet up for a coffee/vino in November sometime. My children will hopefully have started a school by then and my life will be my own again
Old Sep 28th 2007, 3:00 pm
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Sounds great, although I am heading to the UK on 6 Nov (witness in best friends civil partnership - how very 2007) and then have 2 sets of visitors from the UK from 19 Nov through Dec 15. Hope to catch up at some point!

PP - looking forwrad to hearing about your new hair-do!