Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Had Enough of Denver, CO...

Had Enough of Denver, CO...

Old Feb 10th 2011, 6:01 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Had Enough of Denver, CO...

Originally Posted by lansbury
Not sure in your case why you and not the other guy.

I did it like this.

1) Overtaking me in a marked police car when I was driving just above the speed limit. More commonly know as taking the piss.

2) If more than one vehicle the person going the fastest, or committing more than one offense, or driving badly lane changing and weaving through traffic.

When stopped if they totally denied what I had seen, they got a ticket. You can't give someone advise if they deny they have done anything wrong.

If the offense was too serious to give advice, speeding and unsafe driving for example they got a ticket.

Just speeding if I thought words of advice would be listened to and heeded that's what they got.
Who the bloody hell would overtake a marked police car???? They deserved the ticket IMO. I probably did too I suppose! I was perfectly arse lickingly nice to the sherriffs but I was driving on a ticket for an accident I had been in while turning against traffic. That one wasn't my fault but I had to get the failure to yield nonetheless. I may have got out of it had I actually been in possession of my license at the time

My favourite was when I was driving my wife up to my place from Dublin airport on her first trip out to see me and I was flying up the M1 at probably 85 or so, and this Garda car appeared in my mirror. Thinking my Northern Ireland plates were flashing Euro signs at her I was all ready to be pulled over, but nope, she just flashed her headlights at me to get out of the way because I wasn't going fast enough

If you want to see bad driving though, get in a taxi in Dublin city centre. My mate and I almost died doing that
Old Feb 10th 2011, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
I don't like your avi its scaring me
Sorry...I was just trying to be evil...
Old Feb 10th 2011, 6:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Since the OP(s) aren't around to banter on this any further, we're going to shut up shop.

Someone work on an equally engaging thread for today, ok? It does not have to be about why X is crap.