Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

H1b Renewal And New H4

H1b Renewal And New H4

Old Aug 27th 2002, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

kmoiz75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H1b Renewal And New H4

My current H1B expires on 4/15/2003 and I planned to file my extension on 10/15/2002, which counts my 6 months time.

I have some questions.
Let say my visa extension process is filed on 10/15/2002 (with 6 months time).

I planned to visit INDIA in December 2002 and back in January 2003.

Q1. Will I be allowed to visit INDIA on my current visa which still has expiry date 4/15/2003 after my extension process is filed?

Q2. I am going to get married in December 2002, Can I get H4 visa for my spouse based on my current visa expiry date 4/15/2003, when my visa extension is in process?

Q3. What do you recommend on the circumstances of visiting, marriage and get spouse to US?

Appretiate your help, if anyone can answer.

Thanks in advance!
KHAJA
Old Aug 28th 2002, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice
Default Re: H1b Renewal And New H4

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kmoiz75:
My current H1B expires on 4/15/2003 and I planned to file my extension on 10/15/2002, which counts my 6 months time.

I have some questions.

------ You have enough time on your current H1B better go to your home countary on this H1B visa get married and bring your spouse on H4, after marriage get immidiatly the marriage certificate, you need that for your spouse H4 visa , then you and your Spouse will be admited till your current H1B visa and both will be given I-94 till the time your H1b expires, once you reach USA, then file the extension of your H1b and your spouse H4( both in the same envelope to INS) some time HR department forgets to file for H4, so insist that her H4 should br filed with your H1B extension, once you get your extensions from INS, you can send your passport and spouse passport in US for Revalidation , it will be easy for you,
Once you have filed your extension before your H1B expiry date in US, you both will be OK, because you both will get extension filing reciept from INS and reciept is enogh proof of your legal status till the time you get H1B extension and H4 extension approval.

Q1. Will I be allowed to visit INDIA on my current visa which still has expiry date 4/15/2003 after my extension process is filed?
YES
Q2. I am going to get married in December 2002, Can I get H4 visa for my spouse based on my current visa expiry date 4/15/2003, when my visa extension is in process?
YES
Q3. What do you recommend on the circumstances of visiting, marriage and get spouse to US?
SEE ABOVE
Old Aug 28th 2002, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

kmoiz75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H1b Renewal And New H4

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Manish:
Originally posted by kmoiz75:

I have some questions.

------ You have enough time on your current H1B better go to your home countary on this H1B visa get married and bring your spouse on H4, after marriage get immidiatly the marriage certificate, you need that for your spouse H4 visa , then you and your Spouse will be admited till your current H1B visa and both will be given I-94 till the time your H1b expires, once you reach USA, then file the extension of your H1b and your spouse H4( both in the same envelope to INS) some time HR department forgets to file for H4, so insist that her H4 should br filed with your H1B extension, once you get your extensions from INS, you can send your passport and spouse passport in US for Revalidation , it will be easy for you,
Once you have filed your extension before your H1B expiry date in US, you both will be OK, because you both will get extension filing reciept from INS and reciept is enogh proof of your legal status till the time you get H1B extension and H4 extension approval.

YES
YES
SEE ABOVE

Manish,

Thanks for your answers, really appretiate.
I also had a talk with my Attorney he suggested me the same, file the extension along with H4.

Best Regards,
Khaja