Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

grocery stores in OC

Wikiposts

grocery stores in OC

Old Nov 11th 2011, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: grocery stores in OC

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Good tip, thanks for that!

Rene
Last night I used safeway delivery for the first time. The first time delivery is free (normally $9.95 for orders more than $150 and $12.95 for orders less than $150) but you can normally get delivery for nearly free or totally free through their promotions or if you can accept a 4 hour delivery window on Sunday ($9 discount).

This week there are about 30 promotions for delivery only including a free turkey and free delivery if you purchase more than $200 and a free chips ahoy if you purchase more than $150. Most other promotions are between $2-$5 off if you purchase between 3-5 items from each of the promotion categories and you always get free delivery if you purchase 5 promotions.

So I ordered the free turkey, free chips ahoy, one promotion (3 Breyers products) for another $3 off, and over $200 worth of purchases and scheduled delivery for 5-6 pm today. He arrived at 5:30 pm with 7 crates of items with all items in tack and the frozen foods still 100% frozen. I saved an additional $16 on promotions, $11 on personalized deals, got free delivery as well as all the normal specials and it was a lot easier than shopping myself.

I'll likely use the service on a regular basis since my local safeway (just across the street) is small store (about 1/2 size) and doesn't carry all the products so I miss out on some specials and discounts on larger quality items (soap, toilet paper, paper towels, over the counter prescriptions, etc.). The service fills the order from it's largest store in the area so normally it has everything.