Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Greeting fellow Brits

Greeting fellow Brits

Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greeting fellow Brits

Originally Posted by Ray
Its Ok .. I found one ......

ERRRRRRRRRRR ............... Two actually
Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:55 am
Just Joined

Souhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cutina
my brother, sister, and parents came to ohio- separate occasions- with no trouble at all (after 9/11) so I'm surprised to hear of it.
better luck next time.
Everything has changed now. As of October 2005 ALL visiting US from the UK have to have an official visa...it costs around 60 pounds each and takes afew months to get as well. What a pain in the you know what. I can't believe our alies have to get visa's now. That will cut down on the amount of vacationers.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 3:57 am
Just Joined

Souhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud ofSouhampton Brit has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Greetings!

How far north are you? I got as far north as Eureka on a driving holiday 2 summers ago.....much cooler than sunny San Diego!
I live about 40 miles or so from San Francisco. I'm not too sure where Eureka is...i'll have to pull out the map.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 4:02 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souhampton Brit
Everything has changed now. As of October 2005 ALL visiting US from the UK have to have an official visa...it costs around 60 pounds each and takes afew months to get as well. What a pain in the you know what. I can't believe our alies have to get visa's now. That will cut down on the amount of vacationers.
What the words I am thinking off to this statement .

Thats it................ UTTER BOLLOCKS......
Old Feb 28th 2006, 4:03 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure this is correct information will wait to be told otherwise but are you saying visa waver no longer applies?
Old Feb 28th 2006, 4:04 am
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

really? even with the elctronic passport thingy?
well my guests all visited before september, so that would explain it. that's crazy!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 4:05 am
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
What the words I am thinking off to this statement .

Thats it................ UTTER BOLLOCKS......
ray? can you expand a bit on that, my sweet?
Old Feb 28th 2006, 4:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by clydegirl
Welcome to the forum.OH is also USAF we're at Scott.
Hey. How are you. What's Scott like. How long have you been in the Air Force. Do you like it?. I don't like moving around all the time. I'd love to stay in one place with my family and stay put. We have been in for a total of almost 11 years..but 9 count towards retirement. We were in the reserves for afew years while my husband went to school. What's your name?. I'm Ceri. Did you meet your husband in England?. I was already living here when I met my husband. Most people assume we met in the Air Force. Hope to hear from you soon.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 4:06 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/vwp.html
sounds like vwp is still ok to me
Old Feb 28th 2006, 4:17 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cutina
ray? can you expand a bit on that, my sweet?
Somebody should stick to selling candy and not give out incorrect
visa advice
Old Feb 28th 2006, 4:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by britvic
Welcome Yes married well and truly to US Navy, he's always away
Hi. Sorry to hear your in the Navy. UUUGGGGHHHH...I really don't think I could handle my husband being gone all the time. He does go TDY alot though..and he has been deployed to Iraq (hope he doesn't have to go back) It gets very old. I would love to get out and go home..but my husband wants to stay in until retirement (11 more to go still) I spose It wouldn't make sense to get out now. The benefits and pay are really good though. I'd like to hear about you guys and what the Navys like. Hope to hear from you soon.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 4:23 am
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute

I have to aggree with Ray on this one, i have family and friends come over quite often and NONE of them needed a visa or anything, just filled out the green VWP on the plane and that was it! never heard of paying 60 quid for a visa or anything (unless past criminal record, overstay, etc.).
Old Feb 28th 2006, 4:25 am
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute

My name is Ceri. I have lived in the US for 15 years. My husband is in the US Air Force so we travel around often. I have been able to get most of my family to move over as well. Immigrations are long and challenging but it can be done.

Do any of you live in Northern CAL, or are any of you in or married to someone in the Armed Forces?
oh and welcome to the site! newbie Karma given, don't worry we all don't bite here, well not hard anyway!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 4:29 am
stara koka masna juha

Originally Posted by Ray
Somebody should stick to selling candy and not give out incorrect
visa advice
that's not exactly what i meant, but thanks..
xx
Old Feb 28th 2006, 4:32 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Ray put it rather eloquently...but people would need a visa if they were from certain countries, UK ain't one of them...unless you had a criminal conviction, or had a previous VWP overstay that meant you couldn't use the VWP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.