British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Greeting fellow Brits (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/greeting-fellow-brits-357540/)

Souhampton Brit Feb 25th 2006 3:17 pm

Greeting fellow Brits

My name is Ceri. I have lived in the US for 15 years. My husband is in the US Air Force so we travel around often. I have been able to get most of my family to move over as well. Immigrations are long and challenging but it can be done.

Do any of you live in Northern CAL, or are any of you in or married to someone in the Armed Forces?

Souhampton Brit Feb 25th 2006 3:20 pm

Re: Greeting fellow Brits

Originally Posted by Souhampton Brit
My name is Ceri. I have lived in the US for 15 years. My husband is in the US Air Force so we travel around often. I have been able to get most of my family to move over as well. Immigrations are long and challenging but it can be done.

Do any of you live in Northern CAL, or are any of you in or married to someone in the Armed Forces?

I misspelled Southampton and did not even notice until I was registered silly me.

Souhampton Brit Feb 25th 2006 3:26 pm

I misspelled Southampton and did not even notice until I was registered silly me.

Has anybody else had a problem getting friends or family over to visit since 9/11 I have a friend living in England that would like to come to California and visit but the paper work and screening she is being asked to go through is nuts!

dgsyd1 Feb 25th 2006 3:41 pm

Has anybody else had a problem getting friends or family over to visit since 9/11 I have a friend living in England that would like to come to California and visit but the paper work and screening she is being asked to go through is nuts!

If she's just coming to visit, and is staying for less than 90 days, she should be able to come in on the visa waiver program. The only paperwork she's have to fill out, is the green visa waiver form, and the customs form, and you get both on the plane.

Anyway, welcome aboard!
And are you actually from Southampton, if you are you're not far from my old neck of the woods.

Bob Feb 25th 2006 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
If she's just coming to visit, and is staying for less than 90 days, she should be able to come in on the visa waiver program. The only paperwork she's have to fill out, is the green visa waiver form, and the customs form, and you get both on the plane.

unless she's got a criminal record or had a previous overstay and barred from the VWP :D

Anyway, welcome to the forums :)

Ray Feb 25th 2006 3:59 pm

I am getting a bit fed up with all the nice newbies coming along recently
Where's all the morons we can pick on...

welcome kiddo ..newbie Karma sent ..

anotherlimey Feb 25th 2006 4:25 pm

Hello and welcome.... :)

3 nice people in one week :confused:

You're the second forces wife we have I think....

Souhampton Brit Feb 25th 2006 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

cool, just running the kids to bball games.... takes my entire morning!

britvic Feb 25th 2006 5:51 pm

Welcome :) Yes married well and truly to US Navy, he's always away :(

Partystar Feb 25th 2006 6:27 pm

Welcome to BE!

My hubby was in the USAF, but got out Nov 2005.

We were based at RAF Croughton for 5 years.

TruBrit Feb 25th 2006 6:29 pm

hiya and welcome from rainy houston :)

blaze Feb 25th 2006 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

You might want to up that number a bit, I think there are at least 6 of us, probably more that I don't know of though! Anyway, Welcome! :)

Souhampton Brit Feb 25th 2006 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by blaze
You might want to up that number a bit, I think there are at least 6 of us, probably more that I don't know of though! Anyway, Welcome! :)

We have been in the USAF for 10 years. My husband is a Captain so we will probably retire unless we win the lottery or something.

Bob Feb 25th 2006 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
I am getting a bit fed up with all the nice newbies coming along recently
Where's all the morons we can pick on...

where have you been last few days? :D

lolly Feb 25th 2006 11:45 pm

[QUOTE=Souhampton Brit]My name is Ceri. I have lived in the US for 15 years. My husband is in the US Air Force so we travel around often. I have been able to get most of my family to move over as well. Immigrations are long and challenging but it can be done.

Do any of you live in Northern CAL, or are any of you in or married to someone in the Armed Forces?[/QUOTE
My Husband retired 3 years ago we now live in Texas