Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Greer SC AOS scheduled

Greer SC AOS scheduled

Old May 4th 2002, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

tara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Greer SC AOS scheduled

After the long winding road of Texas Service center, Bombay Consulate and the Driver license dilemma here in SC. Greer must be our present.
Just opened the mail and we are scheduled for our AOS interview on June 11th. We filed for it on January 18th. That is less than 5 months!
If you can use this office by all means do it!

To reiterate:
AOS filed-January 18 2002
AOS appointment-June 11 2002
Old May 11th 2002, 2:20 am
Mhaley12345

Default Re: Greer SC AOS scheduled

Hope it goes smoothly for you Tara...you're just a bit from my parents who are in
Spartanburg. Didn't know they had an office there.

Old May 11th 2002, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

smartiegirl88 is on a distinguished road

Well congrats! It didn't take too long- I think I need to move! Well, matter of fact, did I tell you that when my hubby went to try to find out what was going on they told us our file is in Greer?!?! Any chance you could tell them to send the thing to Charleston whilst you're there

We are still waiting for our stamp, albeit 3 months after the AOS interview. I am tired of being mad at the INS for their screw ups! I am now hoping they will wait til after August 1st (our 2nd anniversary)....knowing our luck they will tell me to come in July 28th or something stupid!!

GOOD LUCK and hope everything goes smoothly
Old May 29th 2002, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

khabibiuf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi fellow SC'ians!

My wife recently sent her AOS packet into the Atlanta office and received it back with a note on it saying that we must send it to the Greer office in South Carolina.

We are planning to go there in person...

1. What are the hours/day for the office?

2. Do we need to make an appointment?

3. Any hints/tips about filing in the office?

- Khabibiuf
Old May 29th 2002, 1:23 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and you can sign on the dotted line with the pen they are sending you that signed the bill.

Rete
Old May 30th 2002, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by khabibiuf
Hi fellow SC'ians!
Greer office in South Carolina.

We are planning to go there in person...

1. What are the hours/day for the office?

>>8am to 3pm but they let the last person in at about 2

2. Do we need to make an appointment?

>>to hand your papers in...no appt. necessary

3. Any hints/tips about filing in the office?

>>nice office not much of a wait usually, take a number when you go in.

- Khabibiuf
Old Jun 12th 2002, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Never has anything in the process been as easy as the AOS in Greer was for us.

Here is the way it went.
Appointment for 12:25. Got there about 20 minutes early and there was congenial chit-chat in the lobby among the 10 or so people waiting. We were called to the back by Officer Emore. a mid-aged soft spoken man, at 12:30.

He had us raise our right hands and swear. Opened his file. Asked me how we met. Asked my husband his profession. Asked my husband the communist party/arrrested/or commited crimes questions. Fingerprinted his right finger twice (no charge).

Then asked about my new taxes. I said i have filed an extention on the 2001. We had filed the AOS in January and it was accompanied by the '98, '99, 00 taxes. He said fine, and took a copy of my extention. We talked a bit about drivers licenses.

He then said "what would you like to give me to show you are a married couple". He said he did not want to see any pictures.
I ran thru a list of things and asked what he would like. We do not have a mortgage car loans or insurance together. So i offered two letters from our credit card companies showing we are on the same number and gave him a bank letter showing we have a joint account.
He had us sign the paper saying we understand when we need to apply to have the conditions removed.

And out came the red 551 stamp. Said the green card would be in our post box within 90 days. That was that.

Took no longer than 15 minutes.

Finding the office is so much trickier than the interview. This area is a business complex and not well marked.

Here are the directions:

I-85 to exit 56 (Greer/Pelham)

If you are coming from coming from the south (Spartanburg side) turn right on to Hwy. 14

After Hertz car rental building turn left on John's Road

Go past DHL and Sylco (on the right )

Turn left at the small blue sign saying US customs Service

head towards L and N Carpets

bearing to the left

go past the left side of Rogers Brown

You will see a large sign that says Greenville B Center as you head up an incline

under that sign take a left 180 degree turn past Kuehne and Nagel

Then a right into the parking area for building 142.
Old Jun 12th 2002, 12:20 pm
Andy Platt

"tara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Never has anything in the process been as easy as the AOS in Greer was for us.

Congrats! Mine was easier - she didn't even ask the communist / arrested questions!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Jun 12th 2002, 3:21 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all

Congrats!!

Tara, it's unbelievable, for once the INS is quick and painless *W*
Let's hope that it will be the same for us!

Petra

Filed for AOS November 2001 and still waiting *S*
Old Jun 12th 2002, 8:20 pm
Dave And Emily

tara wrote news:[email protected]:

> Never has anything in the process been as easy as the AOS in Greer was for us.
    >
    > Here is the way it went. Appointment for 12:25. Got there about 20 minutes early
    > and there was congenial chit-chat in the lobby among the 10 or so people waiting.
    > We were called to the back by Officer Emore. a mid-aged soft spoken man, at 12:30.
    >
    > He had us raise our right hands and swear. Opened his file. Asked me how we met.
    > Asked my husband his profession. Asked my husband the communist party/arrrested/or
    > commited crimes questions. Fingerprinted his right finger twice (no charge).
    >
    > Then asked about my new taxes. I said i have filed an extention on the 2001. We had
    > filed the AOS in January and it was accompanied by the '98, '99, 00 taxes. He said
    > fine, and took a copy of my extention. We talked a bit about drivers licenses.
    >
    > He then said "what would you like to give me to show you are a married couple". He
    > said he did not want to see any pictures. I ran thru a list of things and asked
    > what he would like. We do not have a mortgage car loans or insurance together. So i
    > offered two letters from our credit card companies showing we are on the same
    > number and gave him a bank letter showing we have a joint account. He had us sign
    > the paper saying we understand when we need to apply to have the conditions
    > removed.
    >
    > And out came the red 551 stamp. Said the green card would be in our post box within
    > 90 days. That was that.
    >
    > Took no longer than 15 minutes.
    >
    >
    > Finding the office is so much trickier than the interview. This area is a business
    > complex and not well marked.
    >
    > Here are the directions:
    >
    > I-85 to exit 56 (Greer/Pelham)
    >
    > If you are coming from coming from the south (Spartanburg side) turn right on
    > to Hwy. 14
    >
    > After Hertz car rental building turn left on John's Road
    >
    > Go past DHL and Sylco (on the right )
    >
    > Turn left at the small blue sign saying US customs Service
    >
    > head towards L and N Carpets
    >
    > bearing to the left
    >
    > go past the left side of Rogers Brown
    >
    > You will see a large sign that says Greenville B Center as you head up an incline
    >
    > under that sign take a left 180 degree turn past Kuehne and Nagel
    >
    > Then a right into the parking area for building 142.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > tara
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Congratulations Tara - I hope to be having my own AOS interview there in 20-24 months
(yeah, RIGHT!). Dave.

Old Jun 29th 2002, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Greer really sings Dixie!

Mail arrives June 28th and it was the first time i witnessed my husband open a letter without a letter opener.

Green card here! The AOS interview was June 11!

How do they do it?

AOS filed ~~January, 19, 2002
AOS appt~~June, 11, 2002
GC arrives~June, 28, 2002
Old Jun 29th 2002, 5:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Let me add my congratulations.

And for the whipped cream ... a nag ... post your experiences please on the NG website for experiences. See my other posting for the URL.

R
Old Jun 29th 2002, 5:20 pm
Dave And Emily

tara wrote news:[email protected]:

> Greer really sings Dixie!
    >
    > Mail arrives June 28th and it was the first time i witnessed my husband open a
    > letter without a letter opener.
    >
    > Green card here! The AOS interview was June 11!
    >
    > How do they do it?
    >
    > AOS filed ~~January, 19, 2002 AOS appt~~June, 11, 2002 GC arrives~June, 28, 2002
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > tara
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    >

I hope they keep it up - I submitted my AOS application to Greer on Thursday
(the 27th)...

Dave.

Old Oct 17th 2002, 5:20 pm
jay
Just Joined

jay is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Greer SC AOS scheduled

i had mailed my I-130/I-145 etc application to greer after being asked to do so by the charleston office. i recieved the reciepts of payments in the next couple of days and am waiting on an invite letter regarding my EAD. i had mailed my application in the first week of october. i'm glad to hear greer is a smooth functioning office. an advice to all family based green card applicants in the sand lapper state, charleston does not handle these applications, however, if u were to go to the charleston office in person, they'll hand u a form that states that all the copies u've submitted r legit and that u will provide the originals to all copies at the time of the interview
(this negates the need for notarised copies). thanx all.