Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Greatest American

View Poll Results: Who deserves the title of 'The Greatest American'?
George Washington
36.00%
Ronald Reagan
8.00%
Abraham Lincoln
16.00%
Martin Luther King Jr.
28.00%
Benjamin Franklin
12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

The Greatest American

Old Jun 21st 2005, 2:20 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Greatest American

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Hugh Hefner or Larry Flynt gets my vote with Ron Jeremy in a close 3rd place.
I would've thought you more an Anna Nicole Smith man myself...

NC Penguin
Old Jun 21st 2005, 2:26 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I agree......George Washington crossed the Delaware with clean underwear

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I repeat-Founding Mothers by Cokie Roberts-check it out.

Btw, somehow, I don't think that John Adams or George Washington would have agreed with your assessment and dismissing of the role women played during the founding of the USA.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 2:31 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown

At least they weren't red lace..................
Old Jun 21st 2005, 4:07 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
sea sick vomit probably was a bigger problem...
Old Jun 21st 2005, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I would've thought you more an Anna Nicole Smith man myself...

NC Penguin
No that would be dumbest American, where she would slot right in behind the current man in the Whitehouse.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 12:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
No that would be dumbest American, where she would slot right in behind the current man in the Whitehouse.
Well I think I'd do all the drugs I could if I were her...not to mention being oh so close to all that money and for it to tumble out of her grasp right at the end of it all
Old Jun 21st 2005, 7:04 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I repeat-Founding Mothers by Cokie Roberts-check it out.

Btw, somehow, I don't think that John Adams or George Washington would have agreed with your assessment and dismissing of the role women played during the founding of the USA.

Yes - who washed their socks and cooked their meals and soothed their fevered brows ?
Old Jun 21st 2005, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Lincoln the great white supremacist who believed that freed slaves should be sent back to Africa.

Please remember he did not free any slaves in the North, and yes there were some of them. US Grant was a slave owner who stated had the war been about ending slavery he would have fought with the slavers.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 8:48 pm

mdyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Lincoln the great white supremacist who believed that freed slaves should be sent back to Africa.
Yes Lincoln was out to preserve the Union at whatever cost. He couldn't careless who picked the cotton. I believe freeing the slaves was as much a ploy to keep the British from coming in on the side of the South as much as anything.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dimsie
Yes - who washed their socks and cooked their meals and soothed their fevered brows ?

You say that like it is a bad thing.