Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Goodbye USA!

Wikiposts

Goodbye USA!

Old Jul 11th 2007, 5:46 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye USA!

Originally Posted by britvic
But she was back home for six week's, just her and the Boy, when she came back her OH said he did not want to ever move to England, he is American, and she always was made to believe otherwise. I am not one of them Women that will do what ever the Husband wants to do in life just to keep him happy and neither is our Liz.

Not taking sides at all but I do hope that one party or the other gives a bit- as the child is the one who is going to be hurt the most. Either adult can tough it out and live in the other's country- if they are truly interested in the well being of the child...which I question.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 5:47 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
So are you going to swap her in for another new one when she does......
Your mother must be real proud......
Nah, he traded in his mother for his first wife.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Not taking sides at all but I do hope that one party or the other gives a bit- as the child is the one who is going to be hurt the most. Either adult can tough it out and live in the other's country- if they are truly interested in the well being of the child...which I question.
I can understand where your coming from just by reading this thread though the men seem to see thing's differently. The Lady in question has told us that she has good family support back home
Old Jul 11th 2007, 6:37 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

It appears that he is taking little or no interest in either his wife or his son.

Moreover, he had faithfully promised her that their life in the US would be purely temporary and that they would be moving back to the UK in about 18 months' time - a promise he now reneged on.

So I for one cannot see any reason for her staying, if he is willing to grant her full custody of the child. What kind of future would her son have with a father who is never there and a mother who is miserable and thousands of miles away from her support network.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 6:52 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Play your games in your own threads. These are real people in a real marriage with a real child that are getting a real divorce. A father is being separated from a son by an ocean's distance. You posting anything here is disrespectful.
well said!

just catching up partystar as i've been away for a few weeks... i know you have lots of family in the uk to help out with your son and so you go girl and all the best
Old Jul 11th 2007, 6:56 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit

i've been away for a few weeks...
Hello!
Are you all unpacked and organised then?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 7:01 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
Hello!
Are you all unpacked and organised then?
well hello to you too!

with a headache like i've got i'm amazed i'm on here
Old Jul 11th 2007, 7:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
well hello to you too!

with a headache like i've got i'm amazed i'm on here
Too much champers at 35,000 feet?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:28 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
It appears that he is taking little or no interest in either his wife or his son.

Moreover, he had faithfully promised her that their life in the US would be purely temporary and that they would be moving back to the UK in about 18 months' time - a promise he now reneged on.

So I for one cannot see any reason for her staying, if he is willing to grant her full custody of the child. What kind of future would her son have with a father who is never there and a mother who is miserable and thousands of miles away from her support network.
Excellent post, that's exactly how I feel. We have mutual friends who have heard him talking about moving back to England, some of them even frequent this board! Plus I've said about a hundred times on this board alone, that Devin is never around.

I do feel awful that my son will basically grow up without a father, but that's pretty much how things are right now anyway. We will be surrounded by family members when we move back to England, they are wonderful, however annoying they are at times!!!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:14 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira

Seems to me like both Mom and Dad need a good kick in the ass, and maybe stop worrying about what he said or she promised. The knew that an international relationship and that accomodations would need to be made. Then a child is born which adds a new responsibilty to the mix...one that both parents (though we can only hear the story from Mom's side) seem to be ignoring.

I know neither one and do not wish to single either out, except to say "shame on both of you for putting your wants (live in UK/ Be a firefighter in the US) ahead of the needs of the boy. You should both be embarrassed of yourselves.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to me like both Mom and Dad need a good kick in the ass, and maybe stop worrying about what he said or she promised. The knew that an international relationship and that accomodations would need to be made. Then a child is born which adds a new responsibilty to the mix...one that both parents (though we can only hear the story from Mom's side) seem to be ignoring.

I know neither one and do not wish to single either out, except to say "shame on both of you for putting your wants (live in UK/ Be a firefighter in the US) ahead of the needs of the boy. You should both be embarrassed of yourselves.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we all need to stop giving our opinions...Partystar has never asked for them anyway.

Nobody but the two people involved in this marriage know what is really happening and it seems that they are being sensible, making amicable decisions and moving along.

I am all for the "family unit" of mum dad and kids but there is nothing worse for a child growing up if there is tension and anger between two parents who are only staying together for the child.

Let us stop assuming we know what is best....we are not in her position.

Good luck Liz and stay strong for all the new beginnings in your life.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:48 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
All the firemen in my town are volunteers. In fact, the whole county is all volunteer, which means you often hear this big huge siren go off (can hear it for miles) whenever there is a fire in the middle of the night calling the volunteers to the station.
Before he went back on active duty with the Army my ex was a volunteer fireman/EMT and then went on to take the training for paramedic-still as a volunteer.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:09 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Funny you should say that, the needs of our son are better met in England, the list goes on & on, even Devin admits it's a better life there. He just doesn't want that life, he has chosen his career over his family, his words, not mine.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:28 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Funny you should say that, the needs of our son are better met in England, the list goes on & on, even Devin admits it's a better life there. He just doesn't want that life, he has chosen his career over his family, his words, not mine.
Things are never simple are they? We just have to make the decisions we feel are right for us at the time. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.