Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Good secondhand car/truck under $5000?

Good secondhand car/truck under $5000?

Old Nov 25th 2006, 5:03 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good secondhand car/truck under $5000?

back on topic, I wonder if the OP could at least get one of the cars through International Autosource, then as Mr Pardoe says they would have one new vehicle to rely on.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 5:17 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I don't know. BUT!!!!! I do have a nice little 1996 2.0 litre Auto VW Golf GL with a genuine 40,000 miles he can have for $5k. Belonged (this is dead serious) to a little old lady and has been sat for the last 3 years (she can't drive no more..she's got dicky peepers).

Metallic green with beige interior. Drives lovely...was going to use it for my winter beater for a year or two but I'd sell it and then get a $500 P.O.S to use for this winter.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 5:18 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
The Good Old Days of the Krays
yeah when two screaming mad poofs thought they were god
Old Nov 25th 2006, 5:20 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Thydney
yeah when two screaming mad poofs thought they were god
yeah but at least they were well dressed villains....todays gangsters are a bloody embarrassment, wouldn't know what a full windsor knot is muchless how to tie one. Things aren't what they used to be.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 5:32 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
yeah but at least they were well dressed villains....todays gangsters are a bloody embarrassment, wouldn't know what a full windsor knot is muchless how to tie one. Things aren't what they used to be.
they never were
Old Nov 25th 2006, 12:46 pm
No income tax no V.A.T.

Rodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
I have reported your offensive post to the Forum administrators.
Good for you PARDOE. Now go back to your car lot and stop behaving like a 2 year old. What is the name of your car lot anyway, twits "r" us.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 1:28 pm
Not dead yet

Originally Posted by Rodney you plonker
What is the name of your car lot anyway, twits "r" us.
the way you're behaving you'd be welcome there if it were
Old Nov 25th 2006, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
back on topic, I wonder if the OP could at least get one of the cars through International Autosource, then as Mr Pardoe says they would have one new vehicle to rely on.
You mentioned International Autosource,have you used them or know anyone who has.Any recommendations or negatives would be appreciated. TA
Old Nov 25th 2006, 3:49 pm
No income tax no V.A.T.

Rodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
the way you're behaving you'd be welcome there if it were
Sorry Thydney, I didn't mean to offend you..... Or anybody else that might be reading along for that matter. Pardoes response to my question was totally out of proportion and it got me rattled that's all.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rodney you plonker
Sorry Thydney, I didn't mean to offend you..... Or anybody else that might be reading along for that matter. Pardoes response to my question was totally out of proportion and it got me rattled that's all.
Dont get mad, GET EVEN Much more pleasure that way
Old Nov 25th 2006, 4:52 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

We are coming up to niceness month ..please everybody have
more restraint, or I will chop all you bleeders up .......nicely ..
Old Nov 25th 2006, 4:56 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know. BUT!!!!! I do have a nice little 1996 2.0 litre Auto VW Golf GL with a genuine 40,000 miles he can have for $5k. Belonged (this is dead serious) to a little old lady and has been sat for the last 3 years (she can't drive no more..she's got dicky peepers).

Metallic green with beige interior. Drives lovely...was going to use it for my winter beater for a year or two but I'd sell it and then get a $500 P.O.S to use for this winter.
You can hear Arthur Daley speaking here
Old Nov 25th 2006, 5:12 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Why is Chicago a "4X4 neccessary place". Its a city and should therefore be ploughed regularly in the winter...I would widen the OPS options by suggesting a FWD car. 4X4 usually have a higher purchase price and also higher repair costs due to the increase in drivetrain components...especially on a car 6 to 10 years old.
True, I still had a few dodgy moments in my 2 wheel drive truck with nothing in the bed, 5.9 litres, 2 wheel drive and ice don't mix well. With hindsight a 4x4 would have been better.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 5:13 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
True, I still had a few dodgy moments in my 2 wheel drive truck with nothing in the bed, 5.9 litres, 2 wheel drive and ice don't mix well. With hindsight a 4x4 would have been better.
What did you do with it ??????
Old Nov 25th 2006, 5:15 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
What did you do with it ??????
[sniff] sold it to a dealer [sniff]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.