Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Going Green Advice

Going Green Advice

Old Jun 27th 2015, 9:14 am
Banned

Lavada Razor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going Green Advice

I work as part of the finance team for a chain of luxury stores and recently I feel like we can be saving a lot more in terms of energy and water. I have talked about this idea with my superior and he told me that any changes to how our company is ran must be agreed upon by the President and different heads of the company first.
Now, I managed to interest our head of finance with my idea and he has given me a budget to spend on making a detailed proposal. I am now in my planning stage and I've thinking about where I should start first. I want to make it so that we can minimize our carbon footprint. Our head of finance has agreed that this will make our company's image better and possibly attract more customers.
Any suggestions or advice on how I can go about achieving this?
Old Jun 27th 2015, 12:50 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going Green Advice

It was your idea, what did you have in mind when you pitched the idea of becoming "greener"?
Old Jun 27th 2015, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lavada Razor
Any suggestions or advice on how I can go about achieving this?
Well, access to the accounts related to energy expenditure, costs of maintaining fixtures, and replacing lamps would be top of MY list, but its your project.
Old Jun 27th 2015, 4:47 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I'd look in to see if there are any grants or tax benefits available too.
Old Jun 28th 2015, 2:54 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

How about corporate transport....company cars, drivers, jets compared to season tickets on public transport, bikes and cattle class air fare. Nice little power point emailed to all the main board directors should get some results. Hit the send button and go home, turning off the lights and a/c in your office as you go.....Probably best to take anything personal with you, too...

Seriously though..if it's the carbon footprint you're looking at reducing you have to start by understanding the company's carbon footprint, both direct and indirect. Then you can see where the low hanging fruit are...and then start getting an idea on the cost or savings of picking that fruit.
Old Jun 28th 2015, 5:11 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Can't put my finger on it, but there's definitely some deja vu all over again happening with this post . . . anyone else recall a ringer?
Old Jun 29th 2015, 8:32 am
Banned

Elouise Cowden is an unknown quantity at this point

You can get services from management companies that caters utility expense management services. I know there are companies that provide solutions and will help their clients to proactively manage their energy in the most cost effective way.
Old Jun 29th 2015, 8:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elouise Cowden
You can get services from management companies that caters utility expense management services. I know there are companies that provide solutions and will help their clients to proactively manage their energy in the most cost effective way.
Yes there are. Let me guess, Lavanda Razor is going to ask you to recommend one, and you'll come up with the name of a brilliant company?

Strange how you're both in the Philippines yet posting in the same thread in the US forums isn't it.

We're not actually that daft. Thread closed.