Going back to UK Jan 2008

Going back to UK Jan 2008

Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Going back to UK Jan 2008

Originally Posted by MsElui
Mate - that was ALL of England this summer
i was in surrey for a lot of this summer and enjoyed lots of hot sunny days, it was great
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:43 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

hehe - im in surrey and never saw so much rain apart from early on (late spring)!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MsElui
hehe - im in surrey and never saw so much rain apart from early on (late spring)!
i know you are that's why i said surrey
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:29 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lanky spoken here
Got a job as a aircraft refueller here, so that will do me good at Manchester Airport
well that's quite a step down

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=45
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:22 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elfman
I wonder if he helped the Doctor.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Curiouser and curiouser...
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

I really, really sorry that things are not working out for you where you are located. Keep your chin up!

I'm a time served tradesman with 15 years exp in UK and when I came to States, my exp and skills counted for nothing. They simply don't care what you did back in UK.

Anyway, I took a job at a big box store for $9 per hour, very humiliating.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:31 pm

Neathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of light

I'm a time served tradesman and to be told in Texas I'm only worth $ 9 an hour is galling saying i've had a Grammar School education. The minimum wage in England is more than twice the minimum wage here. American pay stinks, and the vacation times stinks.:curse:
Sorry, have to say, you need to get over it if you stay here. I went through a similar thing when I moved to the U.S. I had a reasonably high profile admin job in Europe, only to find that in the U.S. my experience didn't count for much, especially as I didn't have a degree. I started all over again basically in a typing pool (and, yes, I'm sorry to say I initially thought it was beneath me). But, the company I worked for had one great benefit: free college tuition. I took advantage of it, but in the meantime, because I did so well in the "typing pool", I moved up in the company and within two years I was just about back where I had been before. The added bonus was that with the increased salary, I was eventually able to go back to college full-time and finish off my degree.

If you look at it from the other side, my USC OH would probably be in the same boat if we moved to the UK. Here, OH works in insurance at mid-management level. It would be hard for him to find the equivalent position and pay in the UK because he doesn't have UK experience or qualifications.

As for vacations, well, I can't argue with you there. They are not over generous .
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

lanky spoken here is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by veryfunny
I really, really sorry that things are not working out for you where you are located. Keep your chin up!

Don't worry, lol...I will be having pie chips peas and curry and a pint of Stella watching football on TV come January, instead of having a taco filled with God-knows-what, having weak beer and watching American football player prima-donnas dance around a playing field

The future is England, and all those who sail on her!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

lanky spoken here is an unknown quantity at this point

Crap wages in Texas are to blame, lol
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Crap wages in Texas are to blame, lol

Compared to what????

The cost of living is a lot lower than most places anyway..............and weren't you just boasting about how low your property taxes were just a little while ago?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Compared to what????

The cost of living is a lot lower than most places anyway..............and weren't you just boasting about how low your property taxes were just a little while ago?
His brain has completely changed
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

GODD ONE, MATE.

Don't worry, lol...I will be having pie chips peas and curry and a pint of Stella watching football on TV come January, instead of having a taco filled with God-knows-what, having weak beer and watching American football player prima-donnas dance around a playing field

The future is England, and all those who sail on her!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lanky spoken here View Post
As a former Army Officer, my advice would be to seek clarification, as this is a clear breach of EU law. Try legal advice, as whoever denied your application was WRONG. Please speak with the C/O, they can move Heaven and Earth.

Good luck. Ex-Brigadier.
Is this guy for real?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by surly
Is this guy for real?
Does not compute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.