Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Going Back to the UK to Have a Baby?

Going Back to the UK to Have a Baby?

Old Jan 12th 2019, 7:50 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going Back to the UK to Have a Baby?

Originally Posted by BritInParis
They “had residence” in the UK. Not necessarily the same thing. Even if they did then the whole thing falls apart as soon as they are asked for their medical records.
​​​​​​​Not to mention that the British government has records of your passport used to enter and leave the UK, which the NHS should be given access to if they are going to get serious about clamping down on abuse by expats.
Old Jan 12th 2019, 8:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Not to mention that the British government has records of your passport used to enter and leave the UK, which the NHS should be given access to if they are going to get serious about clamping down on abuse by expats.
Do the left and right hands talk to each other?
Old Jan 12th 2019, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

Not to mention that the British government has records of your passport used to enter and leave the UK, which the NHS should be given access to if they are going to get serious about clamping down on abuse by expats.
Pulaski, why do all your recent post have all these symbols in them? €ă‹ ă€ă‹ €‹ €‹ €‹ €‹ €

As to the subject, hopefully the OP will come back in a few months and tell us how it went. Not well I suspect.

Now they have gone. weird.
Old Jan 12th 2019, 9:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jjmb
Pulaski, why do all your recent post have all these symbols in them? €ă‹ ă€ă‹ €‹ €‹ €‹ €‹ €

As to the subject, hopefully the OP will come back in a few months and tell us how it went. Not well I suspect.

I saw the same, assume Forum software.
Old Jan 12th 2019, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Well as a midwife who used to work in the NHS I'd be asking for various information such as booking details and antenatal records for a start, so I'd soon find out that they hadn't been resident in the UK for some time. Discharge information would also yield further questions, also the handover to the Health Visitor from the Community midwife at around 10 days postnatally. Then there's the 6 week postnatal check, vaccinations etc. all will flag up that they are not staying in the UK. So they'd have to be continually lying throughout.
That's all without mentioning the risks of pregnancy such as pre-eclampsia, prem labour, ante-partum haemhorrage...........need I go on.....
Old Jan 13th 2019, 12:09 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjmb

Sometimes I see them, sometimes I don't, I have no idea what causes them to appear, or disappear.

​​​​​​​Sometimes I can edit a post I have just made, other times when I hit the Edit button, all I get is an empty box. Same when I try to quote somebody - sometimes instead of their message wrapped in quote tags, all I get is an empty box.
Old Jan 13th 2019, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Brexit of course....
Old Jan 13th 2019, 1:10 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I see them, sometimes I don't, I have no idea what causes them to appear, or disappear.

Sometimes I can edit a post I have just made, other times when I hit the Edit button, all I get is an empty box. Same when I try to quote somebody - sometimes instead of their message wrapped in quote tags, all I get is an empty box.
They are features. It's the upgrade.
Old Jan 13th 2019, 4:11 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Well as a midwife who used to work in the NHS I'd be asking for various information such as booking details and antenatal records for a start, so I'd soon find out that they hadn't been resident in the UK for some time. Discharge information would also yield further questions, also the handover to the Health Visitor from the Community midwife at around 10 days postnatally. Then there's the 6 week postnatal check, vaccinations etc. all will flag up that they are not staying in the UK. So they'd have to be continually lying throughout.
That's all without mentioning the risks of pregnancy such as pre-eclampsia, prem labour, ante-partum haemhorrage...........need I go on.....
well, you might be wondering about all this, but would you do anything? Could you do anything? Would you report them to the hospital admin?
Old Jan 13th 2019, 5:23 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

It amazes me how long this thread has got when y'all are agreeing with each other and the OP has p***** off
Old Jan 13th 2019, 8:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
well, you might be wondering about all this, but would you do anything? Could you do anything? Would you report them to the hospital admin?
Of course. I would be trying to get hold of notes and would ask the admin staff to assist with that plus also liaise with the appropriate department for billing non-resident patients. Then I would be getting on with being "with woman".
Old Jan 13th 2019, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
It amazes me how long this thread has got when y'all are agreeing with each other and the OP has p***** off
Just what I was thinking ..........
Old Jan 13th 2019, 5:36 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Just what I was thinking ..........
I think it's just a friendly and mildly interesting discussion. I, for one, have learned more about how the NHS operates.

Tea, anyone?
Old Jan 13th 2019, 10:00 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I think it's just a friendly and mildly interesting discussion. I, for one, have learned more about how the NHS operates.

Tea, anyone?
What happened to the sherry?
Old Jan 13th 2019, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

So it seems they send a bill out, wonder if it gets paid?

I had to call the UK last week, they wanted my well UK SSN number as an identifier, not a clue. SSN number I know by heart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.