Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Glamour Shots???

Glamour Shots???

Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute
Question Glamour Shots???

OK. stuff is sold here all the time to raise money for schools etc.. by kids...
Example: Chocolate bars for a buck, candle catalouges etc....

Today I was asked at work if I wanted to buy a Glamour shot??????
This is the kind of foul thing you see in the mall where they dress you up and make up your face like a clown IMO
I thought this was a bit bizare and taking raising money to the extreme......

What do you lot think of those places that do the pics???
I think they are freaky and look pagenty un-natural and very weird......
I was pretty direct in my dislike about them when offered.....

Or maybe I just really looked like s**t today !

Last edited by Tbag; Feb 26th 2007 at 9:17 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 10:37 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: Glamour Shots???

Much beloved in the Carolinas and Texas - everyone gets to hav BIG HAIR in every one I've ever seen
Old Feb 26th 2007, 10:39 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

What a real clown face
Old Feb 26th 2007, 10:42 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post
What a real clown face

2 inches of grease paint.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 10:57 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap View Post

Oh hehehe had a blonde moment lol,
I hate Clowns that's why I asked I have a phobia about them hense IT is not my favorite movie and I cannot go to the Circus,

Now who is going to be the first smart ass to post a clown piccie come on bring it on I am waiting
Old Feb 26th 2007, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post
Oh hehehe had a blonde moment lol,
I hate Clowns that's why I asked I have a phobia about them hense IT is not my favorite movie and I cannot go to the Circus,

Now who is going to be the first smart ass to post a clown piccie come on bring it on I am waiting
me too (Clowns)

Yes these glamour pics are so strange and the "samples" they had trying to sell them were more than a little scarey...
I must say I found it all very odd indeed.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TouristTrap View Post

OMG sooooo true!!!

The sad part I think is that they are selling this overdone look........
When infact most women I think are far more naturally beautiful without all the garb. Admit I like my Clinique especially at bonus time but don't like to cake it on!!
It is a very Southern thing too it seems, as you said.......

For those of you not familiar with the concept just think the female cast of steal magnolias!
Old Feb 26th 2007, 11:36 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if they do the "money shot" as well ..... fnar! fnar!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

marriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond reputemarriedtothemod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tbag View Post
OK. stuff is sold here all the time to raise money for schools etc.. by kids...
Example: Chocolate bars for a buck, candle catalouges etc....

Today I was asked at work if I wanted to buy a Glamour shot??????
This is the kind of foul thing you see in the mall where they dress you up and make up your face like a clown IMO
I thought this was a bit bizare and taking raising money to the extreme......

What do you lot think of those places that do the pics???
I was pretty direct in my dislike about them when offered.....

Or maybe I just really looked like s**t today !
Glamour Shots are a bit bizzare at the best of times, but for a fundraiser? that is a strange one to do.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:35 am
Account Closed

Hello pet. How are you?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:37 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tbag View Post
Seems to be the desired look here
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:38 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
Wonder if they do the "money shot" as well ..... fnar! fnar!
It's for charity!!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sally View Post
Seems to be the desired look here
I thought that was Texas and the Carolinas. Most of my friends up there, septics that is, love Glamour Shots.

This is the country that bleaches 5 year olds' hair in order to have them compete in beauty pagent, after all.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:12 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

My husband's niece had them done when she was 16, I think. My MIL thinks they're wonderful. "Oh how beautiful K____ is!" I don't think she realises that K looks a TON better with no make-up on at all! Hubby even prefers my 39-year old haggard face with zero make-up on.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 5:25 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Hubby even prefers my 39-year old haggard face with zero make-up on.
But then you are a cracker !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.