Reload this Page >

Getting a K2 visa later

Getting a K2 visa later

Old Aug 13th 2001, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

tenderheartuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Just thought I'd share this with you.
I got my K1 visa in London on May 15 2001 along with my 2 daughters getting their K2's. We arrived in the States on June 1 2001 & I was married on June 9th.
My 13 year old son did not want to come with us & went to live with his father.
Things did not work out at all well for him with his father, and it was very hard for me being so far away & unable to express my concerns to his faher ( he has no phone so my son had to go to my sisters to use her phone & computer to keep in touch with me! )
Anyway, my son wants to come to the US to be with us.I wrote to the US Embassy in London telling them the situation on july 23rd and asked if he could be scheduled an interview & medical.
I knew he had all his documents ( as I had them ready when we were coming....just in case! ) He just needed the letter of consent from his father which was not a problem.
The latest news is that on saturday Aug. 11 my son received his letter from the Embassy with an interview date for Aug. 17!!!!!
I will post how it went next week but for now I am living on tenterhooks hoping all goes o.k.
Karen.
Old Aug 13th 2001, 3:44 pm
Ranjini

That's wonderful Karen!! Please keep us posted with details. I'm so glad your son has
decided to join you. Our very best wishes, Ken & Ranjini

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Aug 21st 2001, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

tenderheartuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick update for anyone interested.
My 13 year old son went to London for his K2 medical & interview it all went very smoothly and he now has his visa ready to join us here in October.
The people at the Embassy treated him as well as they treated us, very friendly and helpful.
Karen
Old Aug 21st 2001, 2:46 pm
Ranjini

That's great news!! Congratulations!!! I am happy to hear your good news because I
have two children myself and would have hated to have been separated from them.
And especially one as young as your son. I am happy for you. Thanks for the
update. Ranjini

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >