Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Getting a bank account and car insurance

Getting a bank account and car insurance

Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:18 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting a bank account and car insurance

Originally Posted by shawnodowd
I'm in Cali. most will what? allow me to open an account with no SSN at all? Seems odd. Have you done it personally?
Go to Wachovia ..should be no problem ...

I had a friend on a one week vacation open one
with them last week here in Florida

branch locator
http://wachovia.via.infonow.net/loca...72BD854.webls4
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:20 am
Just Joined

shawnodowd is an unknown quantity at this point

no shit??? what did they say, how did they do it. email me please.

Last edited by NC Penguin; Jun 7th 2007 at 3:28 am. Reason: Email address removed. Anyone can read BE, even non-members!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:28 am
Just Joined

how do i do that
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:32 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

how do i do that
You were given an answer by Bob earlier in this thread. This is not a chat room so please reply accordingly.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:35 am
Just Joined

cut me some slack please. I would "reply accordingly" if i knew how to. and the questions i asked just now was not of bob, but another friendly member. Thanks for the help, but if you really want to help, tell me what I'm doing wrong. Seems to be its a medium for writing to someone and getting a reply. am i wrong?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:36 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

how do i do that

JeeZ .. you walk in the door and say I want to
open a checking account ...
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:37 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

cut me some slack please. I would "reply accordingly" if i knew how to. and the questions i asked just now was not of bob, but another friendly member. Thanks for the help, but if you really want to help, tell me what I'm doing wrong. Seems to be its a medium for writing to someone and getting a reply. am i wrong?
How about following Bob's suggestions for a start? What reasons were you given as to why you couldn't open a bank account? If you explained the reasons, maybe members could give you better suggestions. You're not exactly giving the full picture, are you?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:38 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Cali. most will what? allow me to open an account with no SSN at all? Seems odd. Have you done it personally?
depends on bank policy, but you don't have to have a ssn to open an account, just proof of who you are, so a passport will do.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:39 am
Just Joined

the reason i was given was that due to the patriot act of....... typical reason.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you should first start by reading the site rules...located at the bottom right hand side of the page.

You should not post any personal details like email addresses.

To reply to a post hit the quote button...located at the bottom right of the post. That way we can see who you are replying to.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:41 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Simple really...go to bank...ask to speak to some one senior...ask to open account...show passport and say you don't have a ssn....fill in bank forms and account opened...if they say no, tell them to sod it and go to next bank, but most wouldn't have a problem with this.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:41 am
Just Joined

well if thats the case then a license should do also, and...it didnt. The say that its a requirement by the gov't. nevermind, i'll just keep pissing people off at the bank, and telling them they have no right to ask..... thanks for all the help.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:42 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

the reason i was given was that due to the patriot act of....... typical reason.
tell them it's bollocks then...you only have to use a ssn if you have one, if you don't, then other forms of ID have to be used, the SSN is just used to verify who you are, a passport or drivers license will do the same thing.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

well if thats the case then a license should do also, and...it didnt. The say that its a requirement by the gov't. nevermind, i'll just keep pissing people off at the bank, and telling them they have no right to ask..... thanks for all the help.
they have a right to ask, but if you don't have a ssn, you don't need one to open an account...if you've got one, then you've got to give it...it explains why so many foreigners can open accounts in retirement hot spots like florida.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 3:49 am
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

we opened an account with chase without ssn's, just a passport / visa

insurance AIG -New 4.0l v6 pathfinder, '04 3.8l mustang $850 / year 4 both driving on UK licences.

dont think thats too bad at all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.