georgia

Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:37 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: georgia

Originally Posted by Tbag
I got out the car to thank him as we pulled up and he gave me a hug and said "my pleasure ma'am"
I do that to all the big breasted women I meet ...
Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
In that case you are assuming too much; I never call a southerner a redneck just because they are from the south, I'd call them it for being ignorant/stupid/inbred/etc...
You are still generalising from my point of view, I am agreeing to disagree,
moving on............
Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:47 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
In that case you are assuming too much; I never call a southerner a redneck just because they are from the south, I'd call them it for being ignorant/stupid/inbred/etc...
So does that mean Redneck = Chav?
Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:49 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

My experience of the South hasn't been great - I've only heard racism twice when in the US and both times it was in the south and said in such a way as though it was an accepted norm and perfectly OK to express it.

One comment was in 2000 when the owner of the hotel had asked a couple of Brit friends what they thought of the election - they had said they vote Labour in the UK so it would be a vote for Gore, his response was "a vote for Gore is a vote for blacks and jews" said with a slightly maniacal squint.

The second time was a senior manager at work who was based in the south, he had been having a hands-free cell conversation with one of his staff whilst driving him and I to a meeting, once the call finished and he hung up he said "N*iggers" and gave me the "what can you do with them" kind of look.

I'm sure that there is plenty of racism across the rest of the US (and indeed UK) however most of the rest of the country at least knows that it is generally unacceptable to spout it and if they think it they keep it to themselves.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
So does that mean Redneck = Chav?
A possible equivalent I guess.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I do that to all the big breasted women I meet ...
I'm a 40 DD cup maybe thats why he helped me? he wasn't a nice southerner at all
Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:54 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
My experience of the South hasn't been great - I've only heard racism twice when in the US and both times it was in the south and said in such a way as though it was an accepted norm and perfectly OK to express it.

One comment was in 2000 when the owner of the hotel had asked a couple of Brit friends what they thought of the election - they had said they vote Labour in the UK so it would be a vote for Gore, his response was "a vote for Gore is a vote for blacks and jews" said with a slightly maniacal squint.

The second time was a senior manager at work who was based in the south, he had been having a hands-free cell conversation with one of his staff whilst driving him and I to a meeting, once the call finished and he hung up he said "N*iggers" and gave me the "what can you do with them" kind of look.

I'm sure that there is plenty of racism across the rest of the US (and indeed UK) however most of the rest of the country at least knows that it is generally unacceptable to spout it and if they think it they keep it to themselves.
I have heard racism here too but again it is everywhere. I used to work with a 2nd generation Indian girl at one IT company in the midlands. She had a very thick yorkshire accent. One summer she went to visit her sister in San Francisco. She said that several times she went to high class restaurants she was treated like dirt until she opened her mouth. Seems that most of the people there thought she was Mexican until they heard her speak.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sick of people saying that the south is full of rednecks.
I've been living in the south for 11 years, the people I have met here are some of the friendliest and most genuine people I have come across whilst in the States.
You will find stupidity and ignorance in every other city here in the US and wherever else you go in this world.
Indeed. The rudest people in Florida are......not the rednecks, but the migrating New Yoikers!

Actually, contrary to the popular stereotype, I find the New Yoikers to generally be a good bunch. They often understand sarcasm, and therefore, I think, have more of a Brit sense of humour. Bit loud and screechy sometimes though.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dan_alford
I have heard racism here too but again it is everywhere. I used to work with a 2nd generation Indian girl at one IT company in the midlands. She had a very thick yorkshire accent. One summer she went to visit her sister in San Francisco. She said that several times she went to high class restaurants she was treated like dirt until she opened her mouth. Seems that most of the people there thought she was Mexican until they heard her speak.
Yep me too, in agreement you find it everywhere it is a shame that Cape blue had to experience that...... I have been on the receiving end myself of some unfortunate circumstances, I was once told at my bank in Nevada that i was a "foreigner" and could not access my account without my husband present, and not in a nice way she was a real cow to me, I felt like shit and asked for the manager and was "quickly" able to access my account.

Bugger got to go bakc to work
Old Jul 19th 2006, 7:30 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a 40 DD cup maybe thats why he helped me? he wasn't a nice southerner at all
Even I would have helped with those two ....
Old Jul 19th 2006, 7:32 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

When you use the term redneck we all know you are referring to southerner
nobody refers to people from the northeast or the west coast or the Midwest as "rednecks"
I'm not looking for a fisty cuff 4 page bitch fest thread, I'm saying don't judge a place by one visit or by the people you happened to interact with during your experience, what do you think when people sometimes judge you as a Brit that sits around drinking tea all day, are in love with the royals, wear bowler hats, carry umbrellas and talk about the weather all day, not to mention we all have bad teeth? i am not a fan of generalising which is how you came across
As someone who lives in the northeast, I can assure you that people use the term 'redneck' all the time, along with hicks, hillbillies and trailer park trash. The south doesn't have a monopoly on rednecks, nor the usage of that term. This is America, there are rednecks the length and breadth of the nation.
You sound a bit paranoid when you say "We all know that you are referring to sountherners." Who's we? Is there more than one of you?
Old Jul 19th 2006, 7:41 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I can see I'm wasting my time, but Ill give it a go anyway....what epicentre of cultural and stimulating demographic do you reside in where the streets are paved with intellectual equals such as yourself?
Florida!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 7:43 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Georgia is full of rednecks ... IP is there ...
He's in Alabama. Cindy is our resident Georgian redneck.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 7:44 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Leslie66
He's in Alabama. Cindy is our resident Georgian redneck.
All these States ..I get so confused....... and Rincewind .,..
Old Jul 19th 2006, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Florida!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!
Yes we have Ray....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.