Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Gas prices...what are you paying?

Gas prices...what are you paying?

Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gas prices...what are you paying?

lol, you'd think it was the end of the world for some people:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/19/fee...cnn_topstories
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
So what you're saying is that ever since you got here gas prices have gone up and up, have I got that right ???

In that case would you ever **** ***.

Thanks
No petrol stayed around that price for a while. Its only increased over the last few years.

In answer to your last question **** ***!
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:48 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
lol, you'd think it was the end of the world for some people:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/19/fee...cnn_topstories
We are used to high fuel prices...to Americans its come as a bit of a shock.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Angry Re: Gas prices...what are you paying?

Originally Posted by paul_TX
Just got back from a long weekend in Vegas and was suprised at the difference in gas prices. In Vegas we paid $2.25 for the crappy stuff and here in Texas it's $1.96.

So, what do you pay?

Here in Florida, its getting dangerously close to 3 bucks a gallon. On the news the other day it said that the cost of crude oil had just increased again. Every summer here its the same, gas prices go through the roof just in time for people taking vacations.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
Here in Florida, its getting dangerously close to 3 bucks a gallon. On the news the other day it said that the cost of crude oil had just increased again. Every summer here its the same, gas prices go through the roof just in time for people taking vacations.
Look a newbie in FL.... you must post a new thread telling us where and why you're here.... as well as marking yourself on the Frapper map: http://www.frappr.com/beusa
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:54 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Look a newbie in FL.... you must post a new thread telling us where and why you're here.... as well as marking yourself on the Frapper map: http://www.frappr.com/beusa
I checked his website .... now I have a headache ... a how not to have a website demo
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about

Where and why?

OK I am in New Port Richey, (Pasco County) which is close to Tampa, Clearwater and St Petersburg. My reason for being in the states is marriage. My wife is an American citizen and we married on beautiful Clearwater Beach in May 2004.
(Coming up to our 2nd Anniversary on May 22nd)
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
Where and why?

OK I am in New Port Richey, (Pasco County) which is close to Tampa, Clearwater and St Petersburg. My reason for being in the states is marriage. My wife is an American citizen and we married on beautiful Clearwater Beach in May 2004.
(Coming up to our 2nd Anniversary on May 22nd)
Welcome to BE.... pay no attention to Ray he's a resident grumpy old fart....
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:08 pm
Account Closed

Welcome to BE.... pay no attention to Ray he's a resident grumpy old fart....
LOL. The Hooded Man
Old Apr 20th 2006, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Try $4.50, for a while.
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-347218c.html
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 10:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

$2.90 for the cheap stuff...getting pricey here too....
Old Apr 20th 2006, 11:19 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Today, somewhere in the boonies between Morganton and Rutherfordton in western NC I paid $3.02 p/gallon for premium. The gas station was so old-fashioned, the station didn't take credit cards and the pump looked like an antique. I visited just as the owner was changing the prices on the sign to something higher but he charged me the lower price.

After I left the station, the premium rate was $3.09 p/gallon!

NC Penguin
Old Apr 21st 2006, 12:09 am
Notts - CT

nottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Today, somewhere in the boonies between Morganton and Rutherfordton in western NC I paid $3.02 p/gallon for premium. The gas station was so old-fashioned, the station didn't take credit cards and the pump looked like an antique. I visited just as the owner was changing the prices on the sign to something higher but he charged me the lower price.

After I left the station, the premium rate was $3.09 p/gallon!

NC Penguin
Nearly died of Shock sunday filled up for 2.90 per gallon of regular today 3.07 17c jump in 4 days!!! and summer hasn't even started!! I hear UK Is at 94p some over £1 for a litre.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 12:32 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottsinCT
Nearly died of Shock sunday filled up for 2.90 per gallon of regular today 3.07 17c jump in 4 days!!! and summer hasn't even started!! I hear UK Is at 94p some over £1 for a litre.
exactly....not looking forward to the summer hols, especially as we're a bit of a tourist trap, well a pit stop for the tourists, so always a little more expensive here than elsewhere in the state...
Old Apr 21st 2006, 1:47 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
exactly....not looking forward to the summer hols, especially as we're a bit of a tourist trap, well a pit stop for the tourists, so always a little more expensive here than elsewhere in the state...
oh quit your moaning at least it may be cool enough that you could opt for cycling/walking....Summers here are scorchers so any other mode of transpo is out of the question....methinks my post count will soar while i save gas and the kids play on the XBox

here regular is 2:89 yesterday chevron was $2:89 while across the street Exxon was $2:79 ....needless to say I went there and so did everyone else!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.