British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Gas prices...what are you paying? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/gas-prices-what-you-paying-306350/)

paul_TX Jun 1st 2005 9:11 pm

Gas prices...what are you paying?

Just got back from a long weekend in Vegas and was suprised at the difference in gas prices. In Vegas we paid $2.25 for the crappy stuff and here in Texas it's $1.96.

So, what do you pay?

Noorah101 Jun 1st 2005 9:21 pm

Re: Gas prices...what are you paying?

Originally Posted by paul_TX
Just got back from a long weekend in Vegas and was suprised at the difference in gas prices. In Vegas we paid $2.25 for the crappy stuff and here in Texas it's $1.96.

So, what do you pay?

Here in Phoenix it's about $2.35 at the Chevron station on the corner. I was just in Los Angeles over the weekend, and it was $2.53 a gallon there. :(

Rene

Thydney Jun 1st 2005 9:25 pm

We pay $2.01/gallon in Florida

SeveredNeurons Jun 1st 2005 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by paul_TX

So, what do you pay?

Wow, that is quite a difference, but I notice that is a peculiarity of US gas stations on the same street, never mind different states. You can have two gas stations across the street from each other, both with different gas prices. The thing that weirdly annoys me, even though I'm completely unaffected , is that people will still buy gas from the more expensive gas station even though they can get it cheaper across the road...... :confused:

Slightly side tracked there, we pay $2.14 from a discount store/gas station that we pay a membership too. It's either that or pay the extra 5-10 cent a gallon at neighboring gas stations (Utica, central NY state).

Chopper-Chris Jun 1st 2005 9:34 pm

$2.25 is the best I've seen in DC...

$2.15 in Maryland...

Aviation Fuel...(if you're interested)

$3.40/Gallon (Jet)

$3.07/Gallon (Low Lead)

snowbunny Jun 1st 2005 9:34 pm

$1.90 in Austin
up to $2.35 in Taos, NM

willmore Jun 1st 2005 9:51 pm

In Victoria, BC Canada -

96.9 a litre!

fatbrit Jun 1st 2005 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Here in Phoenix it's about $2.35 at the Chevron station on the corner. I was just in Los Angeles over the weekend, and it was $2.53 a gallon there. :(

Rene

Time to change your supplier! I just paid 2.19 this very morning.

sibsie Jun 1st 2005 10:46 pm

$2.28 local to me.

Pimpbot Jun 1st 2005 10:47 pm

$2.23 in south Scottsdale and $2.30 in north Scottsdale. You go to the Cheveron rip off gas stations and they hike it up about another 10 cents.

Heather142 Jun 1st 2005 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
$2.23 in south Scottsdale and $2.30 in north Scottsdale. You go to the Cheveron rip off gas stations and they hike it up about another 10 cents.

$2.17 just down the road in Tucson.

Bob Jun 1st 2005 11:16 pm

$2.09G in town, just out of town it's around $2.06/7

RoB1833 Jun 1st 2005 11:43 pm

$2.13 in Salem, $2.05 - $2.11 nearer Boston. Would have thought it'd be the other way round! :confused:

y2b4sure Jun 1st 2005 11:44 pm

I've noticed something odd about gas prices, before it started going up like crazy, erm 6 - 9 months ago maybe, the price of regular here in Chandler, AZ was always about 25 cents cheaper than in Vegas whenever we visited Vegas, yet somehow Vegas and Chandler's prices are much more similar now...either Vegas prices have actually got relatively cheaper (yeah right) or I'm paying more than I should be compared to other places.

Also I felt before it went crazy that the gas price here was about the same as the national average, again for some reason the prices here are now above the national average.

Am I being a fool or being ripped off? Have your prices increased / decreased at the same rate as the national average?

Dan725 Jun 2nd 2005 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Thydney
We pay $2.01/gallon in Florida

Sounds about right, 2.01-2.03 for a gallon of regular.