Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Gas pool heaters

Gas pool heaters

Old Mar 11th 2006, 7:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gas pool heaters

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I use the sea. Its heated for free all year round
or frozen around here...anyone that swims the ocean...brass balls I say...even in the summer
Old Mar 11th 2006, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Heating the spa by gas ..will not be too bad .. but the pool ..no way ...
using propane it will cost about 4-6 times as much as an
electric heat pump...

Best situation is to take out gas heater ..put in heat pump ..with separate controls so you can heat either the pool or the spa as separate items
see my blog for pic of my installation...
We have separate controls for either but just wondered how much to heat the pool
Thanks
Old Mar 11th 2006, 7:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lolly
We have separate controls for either but just wondered how much to heat the pool
Thanks
I cant tell you exactly ..too many variation ..
but around 4 to 6 times more than a heat pump
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Strange that the posters that live in such warm climates as Florida and California need to heat their pools. Bunch of pussies!!! Warm sunny days have turned you all into a load of tarts.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:14 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rushman
Strange that the posters that live in such warm climates as Florida and California need to heat their pools. Bunch of pussies!!! Warm sunny days have turned you all into a load of tarts.
Yes...what of it?

Actually its true that after a year or so of Florida temps your really feel anything under 60f.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Yes...what of it?

Actually its true that after a year or so of Florida temps your really feel anything under 60f.
bit like a winter in maine, anything around 35F is pretty warm when you've had a sub zero winter...though it's been lovely and warm this winter..
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:27 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Yup you are most definitely right!!!!
And I am just out of the pool which is at a pleasant 86F
the ambient temperature is 86F and earlier I was in the spa at a
pleasant temp of 106F... eat your bleedin heart out ...
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
bit like a winter in maine, anything around 35F is pretty warm when you've had a sub zero winter...though it's been lovely and warm this winter..
The thought of 35f turns me into a shivering wreck...infact just reading your post I had to nip outside and warm up for a minute....I even nearly put my T-shirt back on for a second.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I do think that it's true to say that moving to a place with extreme season changes your own body's ability to deal with extreme tempretures.

I can imagine that you Floridians feel cold or chilly in anything under 60F. I think Bob will agree that we have had an uncharacteristically warm winter up here in the North East. We usually get at least a week to 10 days of -20F days and -40F nights in the Adirondacks. This year (so far) we've had the temp fall to a -23F max once.

The snow here is nowhere near as deep in the unploughed areas as it's usually is in March and yesterday it was 42F and I washed the cars in shorts and a T-Shirt.

Funny thing is we also get days in summer that hit 100F and I've even seen 2 days at 108F. The regular here though is 85F to 90F. I just think it's wonderful how this place can have 140 degree difference in tempreture in one year.

However the fact remains, you lot down there are a bunch of southern softies
and not as hardy as us rugged northerners. (Makes a change for me to be on the giving end of that sentence).
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:27 pm
Ray

and not as hardy as us rugged northerners. (Makes a change for me to be on the giving end of that sentence).
I have already agreed with that statement ... what more do you need ...
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
I have already agreed with that statement ... what more do you need ...
You have indeed agreed but your neighbour with the epileptic hair hasn't.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:47 pm
Account Closed

I do think that it's true to say that moving to a place with extreme season changes your own body's ability to deal with extreme tempretures.

I can imagine that you Floridians feel cold or chilly in anything under 60F. I think Bob will agree that we have had an uncharacteristically warm winter up here in the North East. We usually get at least a week to 10 days of -20F days and -40F nights in the Adirondacks. This year (so far) we've had the temp fall to a -23F max once.

The snow here is nowhere near as deep in the unploughed areas as it's usually is in March and yesterday it was 42F and I washed the cars in shorts and a T-Shirt.

Funny thing is we also get days in summer that hit 100F and I've even seen 2 days at 108F. The regular here though is 85F to 90F. I just think it's wonderful how this place can have 140 degree difference in tempreture in one year.

A few days of intense heat wont make you feel the cold but when 350 days are over 70f and 300 days are over 85f every year (and the nights stay hot as well)...thats when you become acclimatised. Same goes for you lot up there....42f...I'd be wrapped up in jeans, boots jumper AND a coat.

For instance, today, March 12th, its going to be 88f high and 60f low. Just perfect.

I may have turned into an honary southern poofter but I still dont drink shandy or lager and black.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:48 pm
Ray

You have indeed agreed but your neighbour with the epileptic hair hasn't.
Your getting near to a threat there ... Not good to threaten Floridians ...
We start to fear for our lives ...

Last edited by Ray; Mar 12th 2006 at 1:50 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 1:50 pm
Ray

A jeans, boots jumper AND a coat.
A coat .. I used to own one of them ....
Old Mar 12th 2006, 6:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Aye, it's been a crackingly warm winter, we've only had a few nights of sub zero this year, whilst last year most of winter was below zero at -20- -40 at night with days around 0, this time last year we had around 6 feet of snow, but now, there's hardly any and will be a quick mud season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.