Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Gas central heating jobs in the USA!!!!

Gas central heating jobs in the USA!!!!

Old Oct 3rd 2012, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gas central heating jobs in the USA!!!!

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
That's exactly what Americans who have visited as tourists say about the UK!
They key word being "tourists". It's very different to live in a country as opposed to visiting it as a tourist.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 3:19 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The irony of a would be immigrant complaining about immigrants never fails to amuse me!
Or the irony of a would be immigrant complaining about immigrants on an immigrant web site and asking questions of immigrants.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
That's exactly what Americans who have visited as tourists say about the UK!
+1
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

craiga20uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
You want to 'give it a go' but have no clue about how immigration works even in your own country, nor the most basic information on heating systems in the chosen destination.

Pure Eastenders Syndrome.

I find your post quite rude, is this forum not for asking people their opinions? I'm simply trying to get some information regarding my chosen industry. Should I automatically be aware of what type of heating systems are used in the United States???? And what is wrong with "giving it a go"? At least i'm not sitting on my arse dreaming about it, i'm actually trying to do something about it.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by craiga20uk
..Should I automatically be aware of what type of heating systems are used in the United States????
Actually, to some degree, I do think you should have done some homework on the type of heating systems used here in the US. While I'm by no means an expert on UK systems, since I've only spent about half a year living there, what I saw there is quite a bit different to most of the US. While there are older homes that use radiator-type heating in their homes, they are in the minority in most of the US. Almost every home I've been in here uses a furnace to push air through a central duct system. Some furnaces use natural gas, while some use electricity, and some are a hybrid of both. (If it helps to explain my lack of UK knowledge, you should know I'm a native US citizen married to a Brit.)

And what is wrong with "giving it a go"? At least i'm not sitting on my arse dreaming about it, i'm actually trying to do something about it.
There's nothing wrong with wanting to 'give it a go,' but please have a read through the USA forum here as I think it will open your eyes about the drawbacks of the US. Take off the rose-tinted glasses. The number one thing that most Brits have no clue about is how health insurance works in the US. That, alone, should make you think long and hard about moving here, assuming you can obtain the visa.