Reload this Page >

G325a & bio father

G325a & bio father

Old Jul 19th 2002, 2:24 pm
mca
Forum Regular

mca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G325a & bio father

I'm filling out the G325a, and not sure what to put in the father section for my fiance.

His biological father is not listed on his birth certificate and was never a part of his life, until a couple of months ago when they met for the first time.

His "real" father has raised him since he was a baby, but never formally adopted him, for various reasons.

Since his biological father is not even listed on the birth certificate, I'm more inclined to put down his real dad.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old Jul 20th 2002, 4:20 pm
Whit

Default Re: G325a & bio father

I have a question. Is there a father listed on the Birth Cert.? Not to be personal.
But that, to me, makes a difference--or could.

If there is a father listed on Birth Cert, anything else is your business. We do not
need to know.

If there is no father listed, I'd say you can go with the father that has been there
all this time.

My opinion after reading this.

b
mca wrote in message <[email protected]>...
    >I'm filling out the G325a, and not sure what to put in the father section for
    >my fiance.
    >
    >His biological father is not listed on his birth certificate and was never a part of
    >his life, until a couple of months ago when they met for the first time.
    >
    >His "real" father has raised him since he was a baby, but never formally adopted
    >him, for various reasons.
    >
    >Since his biological father is not even listed on the birth certificate, I'm more
    >inclined to put down his real dad.
    >
    >Any suggestions?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >
    >
    >--

Old Jul 20th 2002, 4:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

For me personally, since the fiancee knows the biological father I would definitely put his name on the forms. On a separate sheet of paper I would state that the biological father was unknown until 00/00/00 and he was raised by his mother and his step-father Mr. Joe Smith. I would not put his stepfather down as his real dad, because although he is the only father he has known, he is not his biological father.

Rete
Old Jul 25th 2002, 1:44 pm
mca
Forum Regular

mca is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your responses. No, there is no father listed on the BC. Funny, I never thought of his father as his "step-father," but I guess that's *technically* what he is.

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and put down the biological father.

Thanks again