Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I-134 Question

I-134 Question

Old Jul 24th 2002, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

andyjbilton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-134 Question

My fiancee does not meet the financial requirements. Is it possible to have someone else as a sponsor too? If so, any idea what the process is? do I take them both to the interview or do the sponsors gets together and fill the form in jointly?

Thank you!
Andy
Old Jul 24th 2002, 9:20 pm
Mrtravel

Default Re: I-134 Question

They fill out another I-134 and supply the documentation. Note, the documentation
must include proof of citizenship or permanent resident status.

andyjbilton wrote:
    >
    > My fiancee does not meet the financial requirements. Is it possible to have someone
    > else as a sponsor too? If so, any idea what the process is? do I take them both to
    > the interview or do the sponsors gets together and fill the form in jointly?
    >
    > Thank you! Andy
    >
    > --

Old Jul 24th 2002, 11:20 pm
The Mallrat

Hi Andy, I am currently awaiting my K-1 interview, and my fiancee too does not meet
the requirements as she has only just graduated college. Her Mom has filled in the
I-134 for me and got it notarised, as I will be living at her parents' house to begin
with. I think that as long as the person is a US resident and fills the form in as an
oath that they will support you then it is fine. If in any doubt, I would reccomend
calling the embassy.

Kind regards, Richard. "andyjbilton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My fiancee does not meet the financial requirements. Is it possible to have someone
    > else as a sponsor too? If so, any idea what the process is? do I take them both to
    > the interview or do the sponsors gets together and fill the form in jointly?
    >
    > Thank you! Andy
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Jul 25th 2002, 12:24 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by andyjbilton
My fiancee does not meet the financial requirements. Is it possible to have someone else as a sponsor too? If so, any idea what the process is? do I take them both to the interview or do the sponsors gets together and fill the form in jointly?

Thank you!
Andy
Both have to complete an affidavit of support (I-134). However, after marriage if you are all living in the same house, then your wife will complete the I-864 and the other member of the household with the qualifying income would complete the I-864A at the back of the I-864.

Note that the co-sponsor has to meet the financial requirements for a family their size plus you.

Rete
Old Jul 25th 2002, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

andyjbilton is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help, guys!
Andy