Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

FRIDAY THE 13TH ... what's in your day?

FRIDAY THE 13TH ... what's in your day?

Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:06 pm
Franklin

Talking FRIDAY THE 13TH ... what's in your day?

FRIDAY THE 13TH. HORROR OF HORRORS or is it?

Have any good things happened to you on past Friday the 13ths? Any nice thing going to happen to you today … to coin a phrase, what’s in your day?

Moi? The bank is going to let us know if we can get a mortgage to buy our own office space. I don’t think we will get the go ahead. But if we do, that would be VERY NICE. Anyway, if we don’t we get a VERY NICE office right next to the new patent office, in fact we will be on the campus. Patent heaven. So, either way we will “have a nice day�. What a quaint Americanism.

What's in your day?

Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FRIDAY THE 13TH ... what's in your day?

Originally Posted by Patent Attorney

Have any good things happened to you on past Friday the 13ths? Any nice thing going to happen to you today … to coin a phrase, what’s in your day?

Moi? The bank is going to let us know if we can get a mortgage to buy our own office space. I don’t think we will get the go ahead. But if we do, that would be VERY NICE. Anyway, if we don’t we get a VERY NICE office right next to the new patent office, in fact we will be on the campus. Patent heaven. So, either way we will “have a nice day�. What a quaint Americanism.

What's in your day?
Hurricane Charley is heading our way, and I have a housefull with the kids and their families (AND PETS) all here- they were all under mandatory evacuation....so we're having a hurricane party!. The grandkids are having a blast- we've had only one dog fight and one cat fight so far. Only problem is we're supposed to be flying to Vermont tomorrow- and Tampa airport is closing at noon today until the storm goes through...ho hum.
Anyway we're having fun!!!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:44 pm

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

I got laid off on Friday 13th once...turned out to be the best thing that ever happended to me!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 4:32 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

kazzuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Taffyles
Hurricane Charley is heading our way, and I have a housefull with the kids and their families (AND PETS) all here- they were all under mandatory evacuation....so we're having a hurricane party!. The grandkids are having a blast- we've had only one dog fight and one cat fight so far. Only problem is we're supposed to be flying to Vermont tomorrow- and Tampa airport is closing at noon today until the storm goes through...ho hum.

Good luck Taffyles, we have the storm shutters up. Stay safe.

Karen
Old Aug 13th 2004, 5:18 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: FRIDAY THE 13TH ... what's in your day?

Originally Posted by Taffyles
Firstly, I'm not superstitous about Friday 13th...

Like Taffyles, I'm bracing myself for Hurricane Charley. I'm signed up for weather warnings from the local TV station and I've had four warnings in the last 24 hours about possible flash floods.

People in my neighborhood have adjust their schedules about the possible rough weather. There were so many people mowing their lawns after work on Wednesday!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 6:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Was supposed to be good luck in Greece, though I'm not sure their thinking that anymore after what's his face and co were involved in the motorbike accident and missed the dope test...
Old Aug 14th 2004, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patent Attorney

What's in your day?
Same ol, same ol. Okay , I have to work tomorrow on a saturaday, first time that has happened to me since I arrived in this country. (basically I am working for free) Yuck!
Old Aug 15th 2004, 2:02 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

For me - the 13th was a breeze but the 14th, however, was a completely different story thankfully I made it back home...