Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Florida Identification Card

Florida Identification Card

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 5:43 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Florida Identification Card

I want to apply for a Florida Identification Card, however I can't find anything on the Pasco County website which applies to Legal Permanent Residents (Immigrants). Can anyone tell me how I apply for this?
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 5:44 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida Identification Card

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
I want to apply for a Florida Identification Card, however I can't find anything on the Pasco County website which applies to Legal Permanent Residents (Immigrants). Can anyone tell me how I apply for this?
Why would you need that? Your DL serves as ID - at least that's how it works in CA, and I thought it was more or less the same everywhere.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Florida Identification Card

Originally Posted by Elvira
Why would you need that? Your DL serves as ID - at least that's how it works in CA, and I thought it was more or less the same everywhere.
I don't want to carry a green card with me everywhere I go, with my luck I would lose it LOL. Carol told me that a Florida ID Card would be just as good.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 5:51 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't want to carry a green card with me everywhere I go, with my luck I would lose it LOL. Carol told me that a Florida ID Card would be just as good.
we've had that discussion before somewhere in the archives of BE....you are supposed to carry your Green Card at all times.

btw Elvira was referring to your driving licence, that usually doubles as ID at least it does here in Tx and I too thought it was the same in other States.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 5:53 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I know the Missus is always right, but in this case she ain't!

By law, you are supposed to carry your GC at all times. Having said that, I don't know anyone who actually carries it - except me, and that's just because I travel an awful lot.

An ID card is the same as a DL except it's not a driving permit. So there's really no point in getting it.

Carry your DL plus a photocopy of your GC like most people do (except when you leave town - that's when it's probably a good idea to carry the original!) and you should be all right!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 5:55 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Getting one is redundant. It is basically for those who don't have a driver's licence.

You have to carry your GC, but if I'm not mistaken, there are laws against requesting to see it, are there no?
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 5:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
I know the Missus is always right, but in this case she ain't!

By law, you are supposed to carry your GC at all times. Having said that, I don't know anyone who actually carries it - except me, and that's just because I travel an awful lot.

An ID card is the same as a DL except it's not a driving permit. So there's really no point in getting it.

Carry your DL plus a photocopy of your GC like most people do (except when you leave town - that's when it's probably a good idea to carry the original!) and you should be all right!
Yes a drivers License does double as an ID Card, but I am one of those awkward Brits who does'nt drive, which is why I was hoping to get an ID card instead. I know the law states you must carry a Green Card with you always, but I have yet to find anyone who actually carries one.

I can imagine my wife telling me to learn to drive now LOL.

Last edited by kingfisher241049; Apr 23rd 2007 at 6:01 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:02 pm
Homebody

Yes a drivers License does double as an ID Card, but I am one of those awkward Brits who does'nt drive, which is why I was hoping to get an ID card instead. I know the law states you must carry a Green Card with you always, but I have yet to find anyone who actually carries one.
Ah, got ya!

How DO you survive without driving though?

I don't want to be awkward , but if you're planning to stay in the US, it might be a good idea to learn to drive...

Go on, get a learner's permit - you know it makes sense!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:04 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW my husband always carries his green card.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:06 pm
Account Closed

Yes a drivers License does double as an ID Card, but I am one of those awkward Brits who doesn't drive, which is why I was hoping to get an ID card instead. I know the law states you must carry a Green Card with you always, but I have yet to find anyone who actually carries one.

I can imagine my wife telling me to learn to drive now LOL.
OMG how do you get about, i couldn't imagine not driving especially over here
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:08 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Lot's of people don't drive, i.e. people with epilepsy. I think you can go to the DMV and ask them to make you an ID card.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TruBrit
OMG how do you get about, i couldn't imagine not driving especially over here

Either my personal chauffeur (Carol) or the bus. We do have a fairly good bus route around here, but sometimes you have to change busses 2 or 3 times to get where you want to go.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mallory
Lot's of people don't drive, i.e. people with epilepsy. I think you can go to the DMV and ask them to make you an ID card.
When I was a kid I started learning to drive, then friends of mine invited me on a trip to Amsterdam. I had to make a choice, learn to drive or go abroad. I decided to go abroad, caught the travel bug, and never got back to those driving lessons
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:11 pm
Account Closed

Either my personal chauffeur (Carol) or the bus. We do have a fairly good bus route around here, but sometimes you have to change busses 2 or 3 times to get where you want to go.
at least you can have a few when you are out while the lovely carol chauffeurs you home, not daft are yer eh kingfisher
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 6:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TruBrit
at least you can have a few when you are out while the lovely carol chauffeurs you home, not daft are yer eh kingfisher
LOL, you guessed my secret

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.