Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Florida fact-finding tour

Florida fact-finding tour

Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:04 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida fact-finding tour

Holy shit. There's so much stupidity in this thread, it's awesome.
Congratulations, stevebar and joyeuse; you have single-handedly managed to unite the assorted miscreants of this board. Epic troll is epic.

I would love to be there in person when your advice blows up in subby's face.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:26 pm
Too young for BE

KetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Joyeuse
Hello all,

I'm planning to spend 3 months in Florida from March 2012 on what will be a combination of fact-finding tour/property search/vacation. Like most people, I know Orlando and environs from past holidays but I would also like to explore northern and southern Florida. Are there areas I should avoid, for example?

I'm doing online research and wondered if people on here could recommend any useful websites or realtors or, indeed, offer any useful hints/tips....

For example, is there an organisation which advises British people on how to best go about such an undertaking? Please PM me if you can help. Thanks.

This is my original post. I thought I had worded it simplistically enough so that anyone in this forum who had the time or kindness would be able to respond with useful and helpful advice as was the case when I asked for similar help from the people in the France forum. Their help was much appreciated and it helped me immensely with my move to France.

However, this time around, I am inundated with non-advice from a particular group of abrasive, rude people who obviously have too much spare time on their hands. That one of them is a so-called moderator on these boards just sums it all up for me! BTW, nowhere in my post did I request advice on visas/immigration - I have already sought that information from the people who know about that - US Immigration.

Thank you, Stevebar, for your lone voice of commonsense and politeness amidst the barracking. I have PM'd you. Thanks again for your support.
I am so sorry that the people on here who offered to help you even bothered to help you. We helped you and this is the thinks we get. Sorry that I did not help you but your original post did not give us much to go on. I will give you this piece of advice. If you want our help give use more detail of what you want help with. I think that you got some really good advice on here but if you do not want to take our advice than that's your business.

Anyway welcome to BE I hope that we can help you in any way in the future. Sorry that you did not find the help that you were looking for. I hope that you do next time. We really do want to help but you need to give use more to go on so we can help you better. Please come back on hear and update use on your plans.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:55 pm
Too young for BE

KetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Yep. And I see that Mr Realtor hasn't deigned us with a reply

I do not think we will hear from him again he probably already has her in the palm of his hands

Originally Posted by fatbrit
He's made the sale! No need to return until there's another one ripe for picking.
Exactly

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We regularly get threads such as these...you get used to them...sort of.
Well that's good to know. Thanks for the warning Jerseygirl.

Originally Posted by Bob
You asked for hints and tips, of which you got plenty.

You had no mention that you had researched the visa, nor got anything on that side sorted.

It's common that a lot of people don't have a clue.

Also, from US immigration? What does that mean?

Some jockey on the USCIS phone line? Who's contracted and has no legal training, nor any responsibility for giving wrong advice, or did you speak to an experiences US immigration lawyer who deals with people getting investments?

In no way did your OP suggest what kind of investment you're looking for, a temporary rental you could rent out for x number of months, or long term rental...makes a huge difference to cost, viability and location. No mention of this being a short term or long term investment, which again makes a huge difference.

Still, I stand by that you got plenty of good advice from people. You might not have liked it all, but that doesn't mean it wasn't good advice.
This is what I would like to know my self from the OP because bad advice is bad advice and people on help lines are notoriously known for giving really bad advice because of the reasons you have stated above.
Careline anybody. Or any help line for that matter.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 10:04 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KetteringEnglandRocks2005
This is what I would like to know my self from the OP because bad advice is bad advice and people on help lines are notoriously known for giving really bad advice because of the reasons you have stated above.
Careline anybody. Or any help line for that matter.

My guess (and we have to guess because the OP offers insufficient info) is that she hasn't even spoken to the right people. Assuming VWP entry, the only people who have any say on whether you can or cannot enter are CBP.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 10:16 pm
Too young for BE

Originally Posted by fatbrit
My guess (and we have to guess because the OP offers insufficient info) is that she hasn't even spoken to the right people. Assuming VWP entry, the only people who have any say on whether you can or cannot enter are CBP.
This is why I wished that the OP gave us more info so we have to just guess and I would guess the same thing since the OP did not give us much to go on really and you are exactly right about VWP. People including myself tried to tell her this but the OP just blow us off.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 11:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KetteringEnglandRocks2005
..but the OP just blow us off.
Being blown off might not be all that bad
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

stevebar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Bob I Don't reckon your supple enough..
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 11:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevebar
... your supple...
His supple? Doesn't make sense... unless you meant "reckon you're supple enough". Just sayin'. No charge!

Ian
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

stevebar is an unknown quantity at this point

Octang Frye
Holy shit. There's so much stupidity in this thread, it's awesome.
Congratulations, stevebar and joyeuse; you have single-handedly managed to unite the assorted miscreants of this board. Epic troll is epic.
Mischief is in my character...

Im not a realtor and would never post on any forum for a perceived gain.

Ian I'm sure one bit of him may be hard but his body is not supple enough to oblige himself....get it now.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 12:03 am
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute

Someone do us all a favor and close this thread.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

FACT finding? I think not.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 12:25 am
Too young for BE

Originally Posted by ljaw2002uk
Someone do us all a favor and close this thread.
Yeah I have to agree this thread is not going anywhere now. It is just going around in circles.
Come on Bob, Sue, Jerseygirl this thread has served its useful life and now just needs to be closed

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
FACT finding? I think not.
I have to agree there is not much fact finding going on in here I must say. I mean the OP does not like the answers that we have been giving to her so there is not much fact finding going on now. isn't there.

Last edited by KetteringEnglandRocks2005; Nov 4th 2011 at 12:34 am.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 12:38 am
Too young for BE

Originally Posted by Bob
I think that is not such a bad idea. Especially since the OP is not listening to any of us anyway.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

cowtowntaff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
As long as it's not in a toilet somewhere with people watching I guess.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cowtowntaff
As long as it's not in a toilet somewhere with people watching I guess.
You have to be rich.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.