Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Florida, California or UK?!

Florida, California or UK?!

Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:21 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida, California or UK?!

Originally Posted by Sportychico
looks a bit old to me (outside) does it have a nice pool & Spa...and proves my point...to buy a semi decent home in a NICE area in California and BUY a business to get an E2 Visa you need at least $1m ...thanks for confirming Florida Gulf coast is much cheaper
Oh I'm sorry, you didn't request a pool in your original posting.

Here you go
http://www.whitehouseproperties.com/...e=1312208.html

I don't think anyone said Florida wasn't cheaper than California. However, you don't need $1m in Los Angeles for a 'semi decent house'.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Sportychico is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by N1cky
Oh I'm sorry, you didn't request a pool in your original posting.

Here you go
http://www.whitehouseproperties.com/...e=1312208.html

I don't think anyone said Florida wasn't cheaper than California. However, you don't need $1m in Los Angeles for a 'semi decent house'.
you do if you need to BUY A BUSINESS as well ...the lady needs tat for E2 purposes
Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

you do if you need to BUY A BUSINESS as well ...the lady needs tat for E2 purposes
sorry that home is horrible...for $400k in SW Florida you can get a stunning home 2500 sq feet, crown moulding, tray ceilings, granite , pool, spa, gated etc....For me unless you have well over $1m (which I do by the way) Florida is a better option for this lady based on her budget.....she can get more lifestyle for her money....in California she would struggle to get a decent business and a decent home....fact
Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:27 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

You said you need $1m to BUY A SEMI DECENT HOUSE. Make your f'ecking mind up.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
A big part of the answer is going to be the business itself.

The UK may get wetter, but Southern California looks like running out of water.
Yeah - if you're selling umbrellas, the UK might be the best choice!
Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

For me unless you have well over $1m (which I do by the way)
Hilarious! Seriously, I've not laughed so much in ages.

So we're all 'poor' because we spend time on BE and you feel the need to tell us how much money you've got when it's not remotely relevant to the discussion.

Anybody else remembering that Harry Enfield character?
Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hilarious! Seriously, I've not laughed so much in ages.

So we're all 'poor' because we spend time on BE and you feel the need to tell us how much money you've got when it's not remotely relevant to the discussion.

Anybody else remembering that Harry Enfield character?
I'm considerably richer than you
Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

You said you need $1m to BUY A SEMI DECENT HOUSE. Make your f'ecking mind up.
Mucho aggression on here...why is everyone so unhappy....I was responding to the lady's question (however stupid as no on can advise her on what to do)....1) Florida my choice based on her budget ...gulf coast is best in my opinion though depends on her age as to where - naples, fort myers, tampa etc) 2) California ( I lived there) is expensive if you want a nice home in a decent district ...as she has to buy a business as well to gain entry (Visa) she in my opinon, would need at least $1m ....and that's not enough to gwt a decent home and a decent business in Cal.....3) the UK - weather is shocking

These are my opinions based on my research / experience...if you don't agree that's ok with me but no need to get so up tight ....
Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm considerably richer than you
That's the one! Not just me then.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:44 pm

Mucho aggression on here...why is everyone so unhappy....I was responding to the lady's question (however stupid as no on can advise her on what to do)....1) Florida my choice based on her budget ...gulf coast is best in my opinion though depends on her age as to where - naples, fort myers, tampa etc) 2) California ( I lived there) is expensive if you want a nice home in a decent district ...as she has to buy a business as well to gain entry (Visa) she in my opinon, would need at least $1m ....and that's not enough to gwt a decent home and a decent business in Cal.....3) the UK - weather is shocking

These are my opinions based on my research / experience...if you don't agree that's ok with me but no need to get so up tight ....
I was mirroring your SHOUTY capital letters.
I'm British, I swear.

These are my opinions based on my experiences. I too lived in California, in fact I still do, and I lived in LA. Do I get a bonus point?

I am far from uptight, in fact I haven't laughed at someone, so much, for a long time. Thanks for the entertainment today
Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That's the one! Not just me then.
to be fair that's made me laugh....
Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

I was mirroring your SHOUTY capital letters.
I'm British, I swear.

These are my opinions based on my experiences. I too lived in California, in fact I still do, and I lived in LA. Do I get a bonus point?

I am far from uptight, in fact I haven't laughed at someone, so much, for a long time. Thanks for the entertainment today

you're welcome and your comment was very funny...I remember that sketch.....I still stand by what I said but we can have different opinions....$1m isn't really very much nowadays and doesn't get you far in the UK or California but could get you a millionaires' lifestyle in sw florida.....but she hasn't got $1m so this is all irrelevant.....
Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute

For me unless you have well over $1m (which I do by the way)

please Forest ,do tell us how big your penis is as well...... it must be huge to go with your ego.

do you also have a Porsche as well ?

PLEASE tell us all the FACTS
Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flabound oneday
.... PLEASE tell us all the 'FACTS'
FIFY
Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Nobody is uptight, in fact far from it - we're all having a laugh with you.

It's because you're spouting your opinions as 'facts' though. Like this one above, which I notice you haven't back up with a link, despite it being a 'met office fact'.

we rarely get a decent summer and have rain 20 days out of 30 each month...met office fact
Which is most odd, given that this website says that the monthly average is less than 10 days rain a month, and that's based on records going back over 30 years. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...=climateTables

But hey, clearly your 'met office fact' must be right, after all it's not like the link above is from the actual Met Office is it? Oh, wait.......

Luckily, I think you've proven today just how accurate your 'facts' are, and we all know to just take them with a pinch of salt now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.