Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Florida, California or UK?!

Florida, California or UK?!

Old Feb 11th 2014, 4:23 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida, California or UK?!

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Bradford is a hole -- literally! They knocked down the existing stores and then tore out the city center, intending to totally redo it, then abandoned it with nothing but a massive hole in the center of town. They've been talking about the renovation for a decade plus. Leeds city center, on the other hand, is thriving, with shops, museums, art galleries, and a successful rejuvenation plan.
Leeds really is a fantastic city now a days, they've done a great job of rejuvenating it.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Hurley1 will become famous soon enoughHurley1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hotscot
My wife makes us a fresh loaf every week using the No Knead method.
Just throws a few ingredients together, lets them sit then bakes.

Absolutely amazing.

http://www.breadtopia.com/basic-no-knead-method/
Yep great way to do it too. Isn't it funny how this whole thread has changed from our first communication. You were the first very kind and helpful person to respond. Can't believe this thread has grown to over 300 comments, certainly deviated a little but all good fun, mind you I get the impression some people take this all a bit too seriously!
Old Feb 11th 2014, 4:25 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sportychico
this is a festival / one off event

we are talking about EVERY city on EVERY weekend in UK...most towns and certainly ALL known Brit tourist hot spots in Corfu, Spain, Turkey....this is not up for debate...the evidence is there.
No, that's what YOU are talking about. the rest of us are having our own conversation. Feel free to join us in the real world any time you're ready.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Sportychico is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
You're talking shite, mate and you know it.
Why do you always feel the need to swear in your posts?...typical Brit..do you have a beer belly and large Tattoos?!....Do you get your cheap flight with carry on case and go boozing it up in ...ummm not too classy so ummm Benidorm?
Old Feb 11th 2014, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
What a bunch of poofs. Seven pints would not have got me pissed when I was eighteen.

****ing kids these days. No wonder Britain lost her Empire ...

Yeah, you're right.

Chemical free though. So no water, then. Or complex hydrocarbons, lipids, carbohydrates, proteins ...

You get the point.
The best bakeries use natural spring water which hasn't been kept in BPA leeching plastic bottles so with organic flour you can't get much more natural than this than organic veg of course. Anyway don't get me started on my natural organic lifestyle, that's a whole new subject )
Old Feb 11th 2014, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by N1cky
Leeds really is a fantastic city now a days, they've done a great job of rejuvenating it.
Just avoid Elland Road...Roughest fans
Old Feb 11th 2014, 4:28 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurley1
Yep great way to do it too. Isn't it funny how this whole thread has changed from our first communication. You were the first very kind and helpful person to respond. Can't believe this thread has grown to over 300 comments, certainly deviated a little but all good fun, mind you I get the impression some people take this all a bit too seriously!
All this talk of artisan bread is making me drool.

Yes, I look at a lot of BE thread titles and think, "Nah, not interested" - but every now and then, there is a completely unrelated and entertaining thread lurking beneath.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 4:28 am
Ping-ponger

You are a real ray of sunshine, aren't you?
Old Feb 11th 2014, 4:30 am
Ping-ponger

The best bakeries use natural spring water which hasn't been kept in BPA leeching plastic bottles so with organic flour you can't get much more natural than this than organic veg of course. Anyway don't get me started on my natural organic lifestyle, that's a whole new subject )
"organic" - there's another word my brain keeps playing tricks with.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 4:31 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Leeds and Bradford, how do they compare so I've got some bearings on the hole factor?
Rotherham is the rough and ugly bit of Sheffield, that everyone thinks is Sheffield when they see pictures of it, but it isn't, it's Rotherham.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 4:31 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Marching on Together
Old Feb 11th 2014, 4:32 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you always feel the need to swear in your posts?...typical Brit..do you have a beer belly and large Tattoos?!....Do you get your cheap flight with carry on case and go boozing it up in ...ummm not too classy so ummm Benidorm?
Oh jesus, another prude who's offended by 15-certificate bad words. No wonder you love it in Florida

Never been to Spain, or anwhere in mainland Europe, for that matter.

Oh christ, please don't start. It'll bring out a side of me you won't like, I promise.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 4:33 am
Ping-ponger

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Rotherham is the rough and ugly bit of Sheffield, that everyone thinks is Sheffield when they see pictures of it, but it isn't, it's Rotherham.
Sheffield seems to get a lot of press lately about being a des-res for the budget-conscious homebuyer.
Old Feb 11th 2014, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dunroving
All this talk of artisan bread is making me drool.

Yes, I look at a lot of BE thread titles and think, "Nah, not interested" - but every now and then, there is a completely unrelated and entertaining thread lurking beneath.
Yep me too, just going to eat some for lunch now. Certainly a fun thread we have going on here, really gone off on a tangent! Where r u based?
Old Feb 11th 2014, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by N1cky
David-Cameron 'Binge-drinking-is-turning-Britain-into-Wild-West.html '

google Leeds Saturday night..!! might have nice refurbished buildings but still full of piss heads ..walk around at night ..as a single female...good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.