Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Flight time.................................

Flight time.................................

Old Aug 22nd 2006, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight time.................................

Originally Posted by dazman
Agreed. I've used it quite a few times and never had any problems.
Cool, I think I'll take it. Not sure how I would feel driving after a flight from LHR to PHX. Now I just have to find somewhere safe in Tucson to leave my car for three weeks
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 3:58 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gsnichol
Cool, I think I'll take it. Not sure how I would feel driving after a flight from LHR to PHX. Now I just have to find somewhere safe in Tucson to leave my car for three weeks

A friends garage or driveway would be your best bet if you don't have one of your own. If not, is there anywhere at work you could leave it and would it be safe there?
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

cranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nice

Just to let you know I use ebookers.com

Get yourself to the UK site so i'ts in English, scroll to the bottom and click on the globe in the international sites area.

I just got a flight from Düsseldorf to Orlando via Atlanta, Sep 9 - Oct 21, for €617.00 (about 420.00 quid)

I've used them a few times over the years and got myself, Mrs Cranners and 2 little ones over last christmas for 1220.00 quid.

Take a look, as they say 'You've nothing to lose'

C
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute

be aware that if you use many of the big sites like orbitz, maybe ebookers and others it is very important to delete your cookies every time you use the site. We discovered here that they often set a cookie when you first look up a flight price. Then if you go off to another site and come back say another day or after closing that window it see the cookies, decides that you were trying to check other prices and puts up the price the second time you look. I guess this is to try and encourage you to book as soon as you see the price. Either way its a very nasty bait and switch type deal. It's hard to pin down but we did some tests here on a variety of flight searches and more often than not this occurred.. ie. deleting thecookie and revisiting the site immediately gave a lower price.
naughty.. very very naughty!
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 12:47 am
Banned

Terrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by waxwabbit
Hey Brits,

I was wondering if any of you could recommend any good sites for flights at the moment, e.g ones that offer multiple comparisons like Booking Buddy.....

Cheers

Lee
Just got one from AA's website Chicago to NYC at the end of September out on a Tuesday back on a Sunday for under $200.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 12:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Terrier
Just got one from AA's website Chicago to NYC at the end of September out on a Tuesday back on a Sunday for under $200.
Did you check that it includes all taxes and charges.....if not that price could almost double?
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:22 am
Banned

Terrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Did you check that it includes all taxes and charges.....if not that price could almost double?
Yep everything included, just paid with the old CC and recieved my e-recipit!
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:32 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelman
be aware that if you use many of the big sites like orbitz, maybe ebookers and others it is very important to delete your cookies every time you use the site. We discovered here that they often set a cookie when you first look up a flight price. Then if you go off to another site and come back say another day or after closing that window it see the cookies, decides that you were trying to check other prices and puts up the price the second time you look. I guess this is to try and encourage you to book as soon as you see the price. Either way its a very nasty bait and switch type deal. It's hard to pin down but we did some tests here on a variety of flight searches and more often than not this occurred.. ie. deleting thecookie and revisiting the site immediately gave a lower price.
naughty.. very very naughty!
Orbitz only started posting cookies to user machines recently. They do it so that the dates and destinations you searched last time you visited the site automaically populate the search box on your next visit.
They def do not do what you said, well at least orbitz don't and i'd be amazed if anyone else did the same for that matter.
Any orbitz cookies you may have noticed prior to 3 weeks ago were probably actually advertising related.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:35 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranners99
Just to let you know I use ebookers.com

Get yourself to the UK site so i'ts in English, scroll to the bottom and click on the globe in the international sites area.

I just got a flight from Düsseldorf to Orlando via Atlanta, Sep 9 - Oct 21, for €617.00 (about 420.00 quid)

I've used them a few times over the years and got myself, Mrs Cranners and 2 little ones over last christmas for 1220.00 quid.

Take a look, as they say 'You've nothing to lose'

C
You can usually beat ebookers by going direct to the airlines own site.
Also ebookers.co.uk often do weird things with their exchange rate, so check out ebookers.ie for the same flight - you may be pleasantly surprised.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yep everything included, just paid with the old CC and recieved my e-recipit!
Congrats. It can be quite a shock when they quote you one price then the final total is several hundred dollars more...especially on flights to the UK.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:48 am
Thinking about it

Congrats. It can be quite a shock when they quote you one price then the final total is several hundred dollars more...especially on flights to the UK.
I just noticed that AA do that - I can never remember them doing that before.

Oh, $460 from chicago to dublin at christmas - not bad
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:55 am
Banned

But they must tell you the final price before you type in all your CC details right, are you saying there is no mention of these extras when you click the accept or OK button then when you get your statement they have been added, or you just are not reading all the 9/11 tax etc stuff they add on? I have never experienced this problem, I know they add thing on top of the advertised price but they clearly let you know what they are before you purchase the ticket.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:59 am
Thinking about it

But they must tell you the final price before you type in all your CC details right, are you saying there is no mention of these extras when you click the accept or OK button then when you get your statement they have been added, or you just are not reading all the 9/11 tax etc stuff they add on? I have never experienced this problem, I know they add thing on top of the advertised price but they clearly let you know what they are before you purchase the ticket.
Chill - you are fine
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 3:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes Davy's correct it does show the final cost before you give your payment details. Its just confusing because some airlines quote the final price at the beginning...as they should IMHO. Nowadays more and more quote a price...the fine print hidden at the bottom of the page...you get all excited about it then find several hundred $$'s added on when you book the ticket.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 4:34 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
No problemo. I love the search system on the ba site, it checks up to 2 weeks either side of your dates to show you the cheapest day, I love it. Plus the online check in, seats requests, meal requests, air miles etc, are very useful.
sure is a good site and a good flight for us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.