Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Flight time.................................

Flight time.................................

Old Aug 20th 2006, 12:50 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight time.................................

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Did that include the taxes and surcharges.....they usually quote you a price then hit you with the T & S's later. These days its quite a hefty charge.
Yes that's a final cost, after all the taxes & surcharges, it was just under £350.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Since we're on the subject, anyone know the best time to look for a christmas flight to the UK, price-wise?
As soon as you see it!

I found that ba.com was actually cheaper, by a fistful of dollars, than most of the search sites. Probably because those sites charge a small fee or something. However I would happily pay $100 more to fly straight from PHX to LHR (and then on to NCL) without having to fly via a third airport somewhere in the north of the USA on a lovely December day... Sometimes it's worth paying a bit extra to cut down on the connections
Old Aug 20th 2006, 2:03 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gsnichol
As soon as you see it!

I found that ba.com was actually cheaper, by a fistful of dollars, than most of the search sites. Probably because those sites charge a small fee or something.
About $5 usually
Old Aug 20th 2006, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
About $5 usually
Something like that - I also used the pride discount code mentioned here a couple of months ago and got 10% knocked off...hurrah!
Old Aug 20th 2006, 9:16 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

As soon as you see it!

I found that ba.com was actually cheaper, by a fistful of dollars, than most of the search sites. Probably because those sites charge a small fee or something. However I would happily pay $100 more to fly straight from PHX to LHR (and then on to NCL) without having to fly via a third airport somewhere in the north of the USA on a lovely December day... Sometimes it's worth paying a bit extra to cut down on the connections
Absolutely. Time is money, as they say!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

just paid $529 includes all taxes from Boston to Manchester christmas and new year in the UK yippee!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 1:26 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psb182
just paid $529 includes all taxes from Boston to Manchester christmas and new year in the UK yippee!!!!

That sounds like a really good deal, well done.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by psb182
Sounds great, I paid about $850 from Phoenix to Newcastle for Christmas/New Year.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Partystar
Absolutely. Time is money, as they say!
It is And now I'm wondering, though, if the money to park my car at PHX for three weeks at $10 per day is worth it, or if I should just leave it at home and take the Tucson-Sky Harbor shuttle van thing....
Old Aug 21st 2006, 4:09 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

It is And now I'm wondering, though, if the money to park my car at PHX for three weeks at $10 per day is worth it, or if I should just leave it at home and take the Tucson-Sky Harbor shuttle van thing....
Yes... that best !!!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 4:13 pm
Back where I belong!

$10 a day?!? Are you sure that's the cheapest you can get at the airport? That's ricockulous! I would take the shuttle then, I've heard it's really cheap.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Partystar
$10 a day?!? Are you sure that's the cheapest you can get at the airport? That's ricockulous! I would take the shuttle then, I've heard it's really cheap.
$10 a day for the garage. There are off-airport parking places for $8 per day. Someone told me some of the airport hotels let you keep your car there at no charge provided you stay the night before your flight leaves. I don't know how reliable that is though. The shuttle is $40 return.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 6:00 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Just ofund a Ft Myers to Manchester flight for $660. 12/21 - 01/04. I'd need to get a train from Manc, but that shouldn't be a problem, leaves on line permitting of course :P

I'd rather do this, as long as Mrs Titchski doesn't throw a wobbly about me flying through all the exploding hair gel stuff thats going on I'd need to get a train from Manchester, but that shouldn't be a problem, leaves on line permitting of course :P

My other comparably priced option is flying into Germany and getting a connection from there, its doable but I'd need to stay over in Germany the night before coming home, so the cost goes up, I don't think anyone is trying to bomb Germany anymore, so Mrs Titchski shouldn't have too much argument about it
Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:43 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

The sky harbor shuttle is great, use them.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

dazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
The sky harbor shuttle is great, use them.
Agreed. I've used it quite a few times and never had any problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.