Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Flags revisited

Flags revisited

Old Apr 10th 2006, 8:15 pm
Utter Newbie

st326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud of
Default Flags revisited

I was just browsing the BBC News site, and came upon a series of alternative designs for the Union Jack. I remembered that there is a fair bit of interest in things flag related here, so it *had* to be posted.

Story on BBC News

(In other news, my PhD is all submitted and everything, and I now have all of the paperwork ffor my H1-B, and have an interview at the US Embassy in London next week.)
Old Apr 10th 2006, 8:38 pm
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flags revisited

Originally Posted by st326
I was just browsing the BBC News site, and came upon a series of alternative designs for the Union Jack. I remembered that there is a fair bit of interest in things flag related here, so it *had* to be posted.

Story on BBC News

(In other news, my PhD is all submitted and everything, and I now have all of the paperwork ffor my H1-B, and have an interview at the US Embassy in London next week.)
Have any of these versions of the Union Jack been launched into space? Will it be your hush-hush secret part of your job at NASA to smuggle one aboard a rocket?
Old Apr 10th 2006, 9:03 pm
Utter Newbie

st326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud ofst326 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by User Name
Have any of these versions of the Union Jack been launched into space? Will it be your hush-hush secret part of your job at NASA to smuggle one aboard a rocket?
I could tell you, but then I'd have to shoot you.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 10:16 pm
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by st326
I could tell you, but then I'd have to shoot you.
OK - as in, the "OK" said in the pitched voice of the mechanic's assistant in MAD MAX (The Road Warrior). "OK".
Old Apr 10th 2006, 11:04 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think any would look good as a pair of underpants
Old Apr 10th 2006, 11:05 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

I love the comments by some of the whining gits, I'm scots/irish/welsh so I'm not having it. Wuckin fankers the lot of them.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:03 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Thydney
I love the comments by some of the whining gits, I'm scots/irish/welsh so I'm not having it. Wuckin fankers the lot of them.
Im particularly amused by the "Its a sign of imperialism and murder" brigades comments. Raised a titter I have to say.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:36 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
I'm happy
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:57 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I'm happy
Well you've got a nice shiny red cross thingy on there....of course you're happy. The welshies what have they got? A daffodil and a few lumps of coal...no way could those be put on a national flag.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:01 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

No St Patricks Cross?
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
No St Patricks Cross?
These are pre union of 1801 old boy.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:09 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
These are pre union of 1801 old boy.
Now I've read the article......