Fines

Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:49 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fines

Originally Posted by E3only
Sorry so the next steps for me is to wait for the official ticket and then go to court to try my luck..? I don't thik so if I asked for the Judge I am going to be able to put forward my case. I mean if he asked me a simple question like 'were you doing more than 65' the answer would be 'yes'......yes but everyone was won't fly right.
Mate just do the traffic school, pay the fine, an be done finished!!
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I wasn't sure if you were trying to challenge it by legal means.

Personally I would say 80 is well over the limit and it can be dangerous if you just follow everyone else so although it's annoying you just have to see it as a lesson learned. My husband got a ticket for not stopping long enough at a stop sign on a deserted road. You just pay the fine and do the traffic school.

PS I'm sure there is something in the rules about don't just do the speed everyone else is doing, so I don't think that will work in court.
Thanks for the constructive response. I know it won't work at the court.

But somewhere down in my heart I wish I didn't speed OR I could get a smaller fine (it's been really bad with money alst few months) OR something unexpectedly good happens - may be that's the 'lesson learned' good!
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Mate just do the traffic school, pay the fine, an be done finished!!

yes just waiting on the ticket to arrive so I can take the school. can't do it before that right...?
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Havnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry so the next steps for me is to wait for the official ticket and then go to court to try my luck..? I don't thik so if I asked for the Judge I am going to be able to put forward my case. I mean if he asked me a simple question like 'were you doing more than 65' the answer would be 'yes'......yes but everyone was won't fly right.
I am pretty sure that if you want to try and fight the ticket in court you give up the right to traffic school. So if you loose in court - no traffic school - ticket goes on your license

I would just pay the fine and take the traffic school.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:57 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Only
Thanks for the constructive response. I know it won't work at the court.

But somewhere down in my heart I wish I didn't speed OR I could get a smaller fine (it's been really bad with money alst few months) OR something unexpectedly good happens - may be that's the 'lesson learned' good!
I got fined in Ione and it was the one place I knew cops sat at and watched frequently, so I used to think ha ha you lot won't be getting me and was super careful except one morning jamming away over the hill doing 70 MPH apparently, only car on the road the dear sheriff went sailing past me, I was the only car on the road, looked in my mirror and guess what.......................Busted.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:58 pm

yes just waiting on the ticket to arrive so I can take the school. can't do it before that right...?
Correct.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

I am starting to think I am lunatic or have had less sleep over last week. I am little confused.

So here is the situation again. I was pulled over (Walnut Creek / Contra Costa County) and given a ticket for 80mph in a 65 mph. Initially the prick stopped me coz he said I was in the car pool lane. When I said "with due respect sir, i am a regular driver on 680S and I can tell you after exit xx, the car pool lane ends. you can check your camera if you want". He actually had started saying he was following me since 2-3miles further north of the exit where car pool lane ends which is a freaking lie. Anyway, so he then said I can let you out with a warning on that but you were speeing. That's that. I asked him to reconsider and let me off with a warning but needless to say he wrote me a ticket. And of course he did not give me any option .....I don't think so the fine amount is mentioned on it. So that's my situation.

All I know is, now I will get a official ticket/warrant whatever it's called with the amount and amount + 49 bucks for traffic school. I definitely can not afford the citation on my record becuase I have been in US only 18 months and paying 600 for my car insurance (every 6 months for 1 driver 1 car!!!)....

So what are my options? Are you saying that after I get the ticket I could go to the Concord or Walnut Creek court (whichever applicable) and talk out of it? OR I just pay the fine online and take the school? Is the Walnut Creek court the same as the applicable traffic court? thanks
As I stated in my previous post, you can't plead your case in traffic court and the presiding officer will just make a ruling (probably against you) and possibly reduce the fine according to guidelines for that violation on his computer.

For example when the presiding officer dismissed the charges for the red light violations, he didn't even ask the defendant if someone in his family could have been driving the car but instead just dismissed the charges if the person in the picture wasn't the person in front of him. For others, the computer indicated that the fine could be reduced to $100 so that was the fine for all red light violations that he ruled against.

Whether you attend traffic court or just pay the fine, you can always attend traffic school so that the violation will not appear on your record. If you want to try to save some money (I'm not sure if the presiding officer can reduce the fine for speeding) and don't mind wasting a half day in traffic court, then go to traffic court.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Michael
As I stated in my previous post, you can't plead your case in traffic court and the presiding officer will just make a ruling (probably against you) and possibly reduce the fine according to guidelines for that violation on his computer.

For example when the presiding officer dismissed the charges for the red light violations, he didn't even ask the defendant if someone in his family could have been driving the car but instead just dismissed the charges if the person in the picture wasn't the person in front of him. For others, the computer indicated that the fine could be reduced to $100 so that was the fine for all red light violations that he ruled against.

Whether you attend traffic court or just pay the fine, you can always attend traffic school so that the violation will not appear on your record. If you want to try to save some money (I'm not sure if the presiding officer can reduce the fine for speeding) and don't mind wasting a half day in traffic court, then go to traffic court.
Understood, thank you.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

I am starting to think I am lunatic or have had less sleep over last week. I am little confused.

So here is the situation again. I was pulled over (Walnut Creek / Contra Costa County) and given a ticket for 80mph in a 65 mph. Initially the prick stopped me coz he said I was in the car pool lane. When I said "with due respect sir, i am a regular driver on 680S and I can tell you after exit xx, the car pool lane ends. you can check your camera if you want". He actually had started saying he was following me since 2-3miles further north of the exit where car pool lane ends which is a freaking lie. Anyway, so he then said I can let you out with a warning on that but you were speeing. That's that. I asked him to reconsider and let me off with a warning but needless to say he wrote me a ticket. And of course he did not give me any option .....I don't think so the fine amount is mentioned on it. So that's my situation.

All I know is, now I will get a official ticket/warrant whatever it's called with the amount and amount + 49 bucks for traffic school. I definitely can not afford the citation on my record becuase I have been in US only 18 months and paying 600 for my car insurance (every 6 months for 1 driver 1 car!!!)....

So what are my options? Are you saying that after I get the ticket I could go to the Concord or Walnut Creek court (whichever applicable) and talk out of it? OR I just pay the fine online and take the school? Is the Walnut Creek court the same as the applicable traffic court? thanks
My son used to get speeding tickets all the time until I told him not to use the outer lane and since then, he hasn't gotten a single ticket. The inner lanes can be moving at 75 mph and the police generally don't watch those lanes but when they see someone in the outer lane passing cars on the inner lanes, that is the person they go after.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

My son used to get speeding tickets all the time until I told him not to use the outer lane and since then, he hasn't gotten a single ticket. The inner lanes can be moving at 75 mph and the police generally don't watch those lanes but when they see someone in the outer lane passing cars on the inner lanes, that is the person they go after.
good one - learned a lesson. Its only on the freeways that I am at 75-80. On the streets I am always within the 30-40 -45 whatever the limit.

So second late from left it is now on the freeways!
Old Feb 10th 2012, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I got fined in Ione and it was the one place I knew cops sat at and watched frequently, so I used to think ha ha you lot won't be getting me and was super careful except one morning jamming away over the hill doing 70 MPH apparently, only car on the road the dear sheriff went sailing past me, I was the only car on the road, looked in my mirror and guess what.......................Busted.
Back in the 1970's, I was coming back from Tahoe (just north of where you live) on I-80 doing at least 90 mph at 2 am since I was the only car on the road and was constantly looking in my rear view mirror. All of a sudden I noticed headlights from a car about 2 miles behind me so I slowed to 65 and then when the car approached, the police lights came on and I was pulled over for speeding. Since I'm originally from Minnesota which requires a bumper check to issue a speeding ticket, I wasn't too concerned but when he started to write up the speeding ticket, I asked "doesn't California law require a bumper check?". He said nope, we are trained to determine the speed of cars but since he doesn't know exactly how fast I was going, he was citing me for only 75 mph.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

good one - learned a lesson. Its only on the freeways that I am at 75-80. On the streets I am always within the 30-40 -45 whatever the limit.

So second late from left it is now on the freeways!
The outer lane is ok when there is a stream of traffic in that lane but when there are only a few cars in that lane, your chance of being pulled over increases greatly if you are passing cars in the inner lanes.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Back in the 1970's, I was coming back from Tahoe (just north of where you live) on I-80 doing at least 90 mph at 2 am since I was the only car on the road and was constantly looking in my rear view mirror. All of a sudden I noticed headlights from a car about 2 miles behind me so I slowed to 65 and then when the car approached, the police lights came on and I was pulled over for speeding. Since I'm originally from Minnesota which requires a bumper check to issue a speeding ticket, I wasn't too concerned but when he started to write up the speeding ticket, I asked "doesn't California law require a bumper check?". He said nope, we are trained to determine the speed of cars but since he doesn't know exactly how fast I was going, he was citing me for only 75 mph.
So isn't that his word against yours if he just uses judgement?
Old Feb 10th 2012, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

California now has the highest traffic fines in the country. A friend just got a c$600 ticket for running a red light that had a speed camera. Given prop 13's obstacles to raising taxes, raising fines and fees is an easier way to raise revenues.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 5:59 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Wow. Calling the traffic officer a "prick" just for doing his job. Asking to be let off with a warning despite the fact that you were speeding way over the posted limit and were therefore in the wrong. And even now, trying to find ways of worming out of your punishment.

How about showing a bit more responsibility. What is wrong with you?
Do you mean as opposed to calling someone who pissed him off a prick by any chance ... ?

Speed limits on motorways are a joke anyway. There are no pedestrians and if you can't handle a car at speed, stick to the surface roads. I'm with the Germans on this one. I'm just glad I spend very little time on the motorways out here because who the hell can just sit at 55 on a road like that (or 65 if you're lucky)?

If he got done for doing 35 in a school zone, then fair enough but that's an awfully sanctimonious response for 15 over on a bleedin' interstate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.