Fines

Old Feb 10th 2012, 3:34 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fines

Originally Posted by E3only
hello,

unfortunately got cited today for speeding (1-15 over 65 mph) in contra costa county, california.

It's a huge pain not only because of the penalty but i assume it will tarnish my license record and increase my insurance (I am currently paying ridiculously high premium of nearly 600 for 6 months for one car one driver)

- where you i check up how much my fine will be (my research telling me $214)
- i heard there may be a way to pay the ticket and take a course so that it does not appear on my license

any help would be appreciated.
This worked for me. I got a ticket on my birthday. Didn't mention to cop as I handed license over. "It's your birthday", says he. I sort of shrug. Reduces the speed of my ticket.

Anyway, here's the interesting part. I went to the courthouse, with the intention of asking about traffic school, as an alternative to getting points.
I specifically said I don't want any points on pristine license.
Spoke to one of those trainee DA kids, and he said, there's no traffic school, but as I'd taken the time to come down there, he'd revise my ticket. So I went from being 19 mph over to a defective tail light. Your mileage may vary, but if you've got the time, you could give it a go.

They only care about the $$$.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
YEP 100% Correct I got one last year, E3, just take the online traffic school and when done go to the court house which is stated on the citation and pay the fee, the online traffic school should submit it immediately but call the court house before you go to make sure they have got it their end...mine was in Calaveras county but all of CA is the same and IT IS wiped from your license for sure.

I used these guys http://simplefastfun.com/
Thanks. So what is the the process flow here?

I get the citation which will have options in terms of 1. disputing it 2. pay 3. pay and school. Do I then go/take the school (if that's my choice) and then go to the court? If that, why do I need to go to the court if the fine can be paid online and the school can be taken online too?

What does the online school involve? how much time does it take? Is it difficult? just trying to get basis in my head.

sorry guys, thanks for helping.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
This worked for me. I got a ticket on my birthday. Didn't mention to cop as I handed license over. "It's your birthday", says he. I sort of shrug. Reduces the speed of my ticket.

Anyway, here's the interesting part. I went to the courthouse, with the intention of asking about traffic school, as an alternative to getting points.
I specifically said I don't want any points on pristine license.
Spoke to one of those trainee DA kids, and he said, there's no traffic school, but as I'd taken the time to come down there, he'd revise my ticket. So I went from being 19 mph over to a defective tail light. Your mileage may vary, but if you've got the time, you could give it a go.

They only care about the $$$.
related to my post above, does the going to court comes first or paying fine and going to school?
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:00 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I get the citation which will have options in terms of 1. disputing it 2. pay 3. pay and school. Do I then go/take the school (if that's my choice) and then go to the court? If that, why do I need to go to the court if the fine can be paid online and the school can be taken online too?

What does the online school involve? how much time does it take? Is it difficult? just trying to get basis in my head.

Ok 1st time when I did the traffic school I paid online but the course was taken at a school, at the end a certificate is given to you to say you have passed, so you have to physically take the cert to the court house, in this instance for me was San Mateo.

2nd time I chose to pay at the court house I had business in Jackson CA but the exam that was passed online was submitted by simplefastfun.

Reading back I may of confused you, you will only need to go to the court house if the traffic school does not submit the passed exam and or you want to pay the fine physically.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok 1st time when I did the traffic school I paid online but the course was taken at a school, at the end a certificate is given to you to say you have passed, so you have to physically take the cert to the court house, in this instance for me was San Mateo.

2nd time I chose to pay at the court house I had business in Jackson CA but the exam that was passed online was submitted by simplefastfun.

Reading back I may of confused you, you will only need to go to the court house if the traffic school does not submit the passed exam and or you want to pay the fine physically.
Alright so is it correct to say I can pay the ticket and take the school online on the site you provided? How much does it cost for my offense if you know and how long does it take and what is involved?
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:08 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I have head that some folk can master it in an hour, I would think the average 3 to be honest there are trick questions, so if you don't read all the paragraphs you will in doo doo.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

I have head that some folk can master it in an hour, I would think the average 3 to be honest there are trick questions, so if you don't read all the paragraphs you will in doo doo.
I am now getting interested/anxious/scared/challenged by this all.

So they give you some course material which is how long and then questions after that? How many? and how hard did you find it?
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:15 am

Alright so is it correct to say I can pay the ticket and take the school online on the site you provided? How much does it cost for my offense if you know and how long does it take and what is involved?
If I recall you have to do the school 1st, if you fail you get the points.

I paid, I think it was $285 different counties may vary!!....that was for speeding, the red light was shy of $500 OUCH!!

Check the site out 1st $30 $35, but it will kinda let you know what you are in for!

Excuse typos on my cell.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

I paid, I think it was $285 different counties may vary!!....that was for speeding, the red light was shy of $500 OUCH!!

Check the site out 1st $30 $35, but it will kinda let you know what you are in for!

Excuse typos on my cell.
I think mine may be around 215 + school....

Most of the schools online say you can retake as many times as you want so I assume I can give it say 2 or 3 times until I pass and once that, the license is clean?
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:23 am

I think mine may be around 215 + school....

Most of the schools online say you can retake as many times as you want so I assume I can give it say 2 or 3 times until I pass and once that, the license is clean?
They do!!
I seriously thought it was one attempt, well that's cool then.

Hang on yes as many as you want until you hit SEND FINAL I might be wrong!
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:27 am

Do a Google when you see their website click on the option, Final Exam Center.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Havnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond repute

Son got the ticket in the mail and then paid the fine + traffic school fee (paid online to the court). He got a receipt saying he had to provide proof that he had taken the traffic school within 90 days.

He did the on-line traffic school and I think it took him about 4 or 5 hours (did it over a two day period) The final test was 25 multiple choice questions. The school sent in the confirmation to the court. Of course he waited until day 88 to register for traffic school so was in a panic to get it done and confirmation to the court.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse typos on my cell.
A couple of year ago, I was cited for throwing a cigarette butt out the window. When I got the ticket in the mail, it stated that I had to appear in traffic court and could not just pay the fine. So I went to traffic court and there were about 100 people there with the majority having red light infractions caught by photo cameras.

For the people that had the red light infraction, first the judge looked at the pictures to determine if that person in the picture was the person before him and if he couldn't identify that person from the pictures, he dismissed the charges (about 1/4th of the people). All others had their fine reduced to $100 plus the cost of traffic school if they desired to attend.

Right before I was to appear, there was a kid that got pulled over for driving on the shoulder, driving without insurance, an expired license, and possession of marijuana. His fine was reduced to $100.

When it was my turn to appear, the judge looked on his computer and said, sorry I'm not allowed to reduce your fine and that will be $365 but the good news is that it is not a traffic violation. As I was walking out of the courtroom, everybody was looking at me wondering what the hell was he cited for.

Last edited by Michael; Feb 10th 2012 at 5:44 am.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Michael
A couple of year ago, I was cited for throwing a cigarette butt out the window. When I got the ticket in the mail, it stated that I had to appear in traffic court and could not just pay the fine. So I went to traffic court and there were about 100 people there with the majority having red light infractions caught by photo cameras.

For the people that had the red light infraction, first the judge looked at the pictures to determine if that person in the picture was the person before him and if he couldn't identify that person from the pictures, he dismissed the charges (about 1/4th of the people). All others had their fine reduced to $100 plus the cost of traffic school if they desired to attend.

Right before I was to appear, there was a kid that got pulled over for driving on the shoulder, driving without insurance, an expired license, and possession of marijuana. His fine was reduced to $100.

When it was my turn to appear, the judge looked on his computer and said, sorry I'm not allowed to reduce your fine and that will be $365 but the good news is that it is not a traffic violation. As I was walking out of the courtroom, everybody was looking at me wondering what the hell was he cited for.
So basically you are saying anything can happen ?

Last edited by E3only; Feb 10th 2012 at 2:30 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 2:27 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.