Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

FINDING WORK IN USA easy/hard ??

Wikiposts

FINDING WORK IN USA easy/hard ??

Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FINDING WORK IN USA easy/hard ??

Originally Posted by RichP
I'm not going to get sent back on any flight, that i'm confident of.

If i don't get a job, well fair enough.
Why have you chosen USA over Oz and NZ?
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:34 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not going to get sent back on any flight, that i'm confident of.

If i don't get a job, well fair enough.
There are many people on this board who went through hell to get into the US legally. Many have been unable to work for months or years because of the visas they are on, or the endless beurocracy surrounding legal immigration here.

So don't be surprised if you get some pretty angry responses to your "I'm on my way over to work illegally if I can" post.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:35 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382555

Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:38 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

ASSHAT!

Woopee, I got to use it here at last.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

RichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moody
Well good luck Rich and don't forget to take your head out of your arse before you sit on the Aircraft seat.
Lol! Haha, easy now! You were asking the questions my friend.

I'd really like to experience the culture first hand of the states. Always been a dream since i first went. Be also nice to make some contacts.

Also, one of my best friends has emmigrated there, would be nice to catch up with him.

I intend to end up in OZ at the end of it all.

All i know is that i won't end up in the UK, so would like to get a feel of prospective countries before i set my mind of staying.

It'll be a struggle, but surely be worth it.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:43 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I'll be deported
No biggie my friend.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

I'd really like to experience the culture first hand of the states. Always been a dream since i first went. Be also nice to make some contacts.

Also, one of my best friends has emmigrated there, would be nice to catch up with him.

I intend to end up in OZ at the end of it all.

All i know is that i won't end up in the UK, so would like to get a feel of prospective countries before i set my mind of staying.

It'll be a struggle, but surely be worth it.
You may have problems with driving legally and paying for any medical treatment.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:52 pm
Arrogant ****

You may have problems with driving legally and paying for any medical treatment.
That's the thing about illegal immigration though, isn't it?

He'll have trouble driving legally or getting insurace, so the temptation will be to drive without a valid license and with no insurance.

Once someone takes the decision to be here illegally, all that other stuff is just details.

Seriously RichP, if you really want to "check out" the US with the intent of possibly immigrating legally in the future, you're not going to want a 3 year, 10 year or lifetime ban from entering the country due to illegal immigration and working at this stage, are you?
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

RichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of light

I don't intend to drive. Greyhound all the way and it's cheap as hell.

You guys have got to remember, that with little responsibilities at my age, i don't have to worry about legalities to the same degree. I have no house, kids, career. One day i will, hence why i'm doing this now.

I'm not planning to permanently reside here, just stay for a while. Like an extended holiday if you must.

Like i say, the plan is to end up in OZ, having made my way East to West.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

You guys have got to remember, that with little responsibilities at my age, i don't have to worry about legalities to the same degree. I have no house, kids, career. One day i will, hence why i'm doing this now.

I'm not planning to permanently reside here, just stay for a while. Like an extended holiday if you must.

Well, you know best.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:58 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you know best.

He has it all worked out.

What could possibly go wrong...

And even if it does, he evidently is not planning to return to the US ever again, not even for a holiday.

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

For now, but you may seriously f**k up your chances of coming back to the States.
Arrogant ****

Oh, I understand where you're coming from, and in some way I wish you luck.

Just be aware that it could end in deportation and a lifetime ban.

I give you a week of Grayhound travel (if that) before you decide to drive illegally.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:59 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I give you a week of Grayhound travel (if that) before you decide to drive illegally.

Shshshsh - let him find out himself!

It'll be an experience he'll treasure for the rest of his life
Old Oct 5th 2006, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

I appreciate all of your advice.

I'm not going to be a jackass and drive uninsured, any of that crap.

If i sound arrogant, i'm really not.

Time is precious, i don't intend to waste my youth.

It'd be nice to go for a with some Brits tho. I'll miss that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.