Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Finally - the french do something right...

Wikiposts

Finally - the french do something right...

Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Finally - the french do something right...

Originally Posted by deng890
Well then, under your point you're not really a citizen then, are you, even by naturalization. Whats the point in naturalizing if there are still 'deportable' offenses for bona fide naturalized citizens? You'd really just be a foreigner who's allowed to vote.
You're a naturalized citizen, why do you believe that natural born citizens are so much better then you? Under your logic, wouldn't a lot of our crimes be solved if deportation was the punishment for everyone?

P.S: Common law doesn't exist in France, they have a civil law system.
I guess many people here have not naturalised, whilst you can be chucked out, basically have your naturalisation revoked, it is not that common and extremely difficult to do. Like you forgot to mention you were a war criminal.

As an LPR. completely different situation. If you chose to engage in similar behaviour in the US it would be exceptional not to be booted out. See nothing wrong in that.

Mind you if you hate and despise the system so much, I would have thought going home was the logical option.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

deng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boiler
I guess many people here have not naturalised, whilst you can be chucked out, basically have your naturalisation revoked, it is not that common and extremely difficult to do. Like you forgot to mention you were a war criminal.
Yes, I know that. Thats why I specfically stated why I believe that BONA FIDE naturalization applicants should never be able to be thrown out. If you were a war criminal, chances are you knew you were at the time of your naturalization. Hence, you were never eligible to even enter the country, let alone naturalize. I was just making the point that bona fide applicants should (and are) be treated the same, and neither (bona fide Naturalized app's and natural born) should be deportable for whatever reason.

As an LPR. completely different situation. If you chose to engage in similar behaviour in the US it would be exceptional not to be booted out. See nothing wrong in that.

I didn't even mention anything about LPR's, totally irrelevant to what I said, but while we're on it.... sure they should be booted, LPR's are foreigners and are guests in the country. Every country has a law like this. However, I was specifically discussing naturalized applicants, because my point was that citizenship is a precious right, be it natural born or naturalized.

Mind you if you hate and despise the system so much, I would have thought going home was the logical option.
Nice, the "If you don't like it you can git out!" approach, usually said by those who haven't a leg to stand on when discussing such topics. Personally, I like the system very much, because unlike the OP's draconian ideals, the current system doesn't allow me to be deported, ever. And thats the way it should be. Also, it would be quite hard for me to "Go home" considering Im a US Citizen.

Last edited by deng890; Nov 12th 2005 at 3:05 am.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 7:49 am
Account Closed

I have never seen mention of a case where someone has been de-naturalised for something done after they were naturalised. But the same way there are situations where a born USC can lose Citizenship, I guess there may be one or two more for non born USC's.

But we must be talking of a handfull if that.

How about this, if I had gone to live in France, I know many people who have done so, part time and full time, and I found it so objectionable I would have no problems someone telling me to piss off home.

Likewise say we have a fundamentalist US Gov at some point, no we do not now, and I find it totally unacceptable, then naturalised or not I do have that option to leave, something that may be difficult for a USC with no other nationality.

Personally I think leaving rather than firebombing my neighbours cars would be the way to go.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 7:56 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

But we must be talking of a handfull if that.

How about this, if I had gone to live in France, I know many people who have done so, part time and full time, and I found it so objectionable I would have no problems someone telling me to piss off home.

Likewise say we have a fundamentalist US Gov at some point, no we do not now, and I find it totally unacceptable, then naturalised or not I do have that option to leave, something that may be difficult for a USC with no other nationality.

Personally I think leaving rather than firebombing my neighbours cars would be the way to go.
The only difference is that if we get to a point where we become so pissed off with life in the USA, then we can afford to leave. But the people rioting in France don't have two Euros to rub together, so leaving is not feasible for them. I'm a firm believer in the 'if you don't like it then piss off' option, but to some people it is not an option.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 10:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
The only difference is that if we get to a point where we become so pissed off with life in the USA, then we can afford to leave. But the people rioting in France don't have two Euros to rub together, so leaving is not feasible for them. I'm a firm believer in the 'if you don't like it then piss off' option, but to some people it is not an option.
If you can afford to get there you can afford to leave.

Guessing the return trip might be a bit cheaper.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 12:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

If you can afford to get there you can afford to leave.

Guessing the return trip might be a bit cheaper.
getting there on dodgy means...less people want to go smuggle them though..
Old Nov 13th 2005, 8:51 am
Cushtie Geezer

Conway7 is a jewel in the roughConway7 is a jewel in the roughConway7 is a jewel in the roughConway7 is a jewel in the roughConway7 is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: Finally - the french do something right...

Originally Posted by franc11s
I thought I had a point but obviously it didn't work. What pxxsses me off so much is that 1000's of cars and buildings are torched and the nancies in Europe do little to control them. The curfew wasn't working (at least from what I heard on the BBC) because even immigrants (not only) have no respect for common law. What good is a curfew if there is NO follow through (as there wasn't). The threat of instant deportation is the only REAL recourse you have, next to shooting people...

Personally I think EVERY country should deport newly created supposed citizens who TOTALLY dispect their fellow citizens in THIS type of way.

I am now a US citizen and if I torched a car, they should take away my citizenship and send me packing.....

If the point is lost on everyone else, I'm sorry... I tried...badly..
Here is the national weather forecast for France!
Attached Thumbnails Finally - the french do something right...-weather%2520forecast.jpg