Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Finally - the french do something right...

Wikiposts

Finally - the french do something right...

Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:43 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally - the french do something right...

Originally Posted by Manc
I'm not saying it's right to go around burning cars and what not, but I think the tensions in France have been brewing for awhile.
Let's be honest here. I think we'd all be a bit p*ssed off if we were made to live on the dole in France - but the consensus now seems to be that that's no excuse to riot. Give them all playstations - that'll keep them off the streets.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:47 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Let's be honest here. I think we'd all be a bit p*ssed off if we were made to live on the dole in France - but the consensus now seems to be that that's no excuse to riot. Give them all playstations - that'll keep them off the streets.
The last time someone told the French to eat cake, they chopped her head off.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
This is very bad ... I am agreeing with Rushman...
I'll 2nd that.
Reg. Frank R.

I assume the people who think, rioting, burning cars, looting, dousing people with gasoline & setting fire to them, also think that the COWARD Fu--in terrorists who just killed all those innocent people in Jordon are also right (Their right to riot, injure and kill). Or maybe 9/11 NYC or London 7/11.
Ah! After all, the COWARD yellow belly terrorists, say they have a grievance.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 4:56 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

and when the French moved into the Ivory Coast / Cameroon / Senegal / Algeria as they fancied a bit of an empire, did the French abide by French law or Algerian law?

Just wondering because I often hear about assimilation now we are under threat. but when the British were trouncing half of India, how did we assimilate ourselves with the locals?
You are equating events that happened 100's of years ago with what's happening in the world today. How is that a fair comparison?

Are you condoning their behaviour because their great great grandfathers got a slap from a Frenchie?

In that case I'm going around Boston tonight to slap a couple of Yanks for shooting at my ancesters!!!
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:00 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

not really,

you can't invade algeria, treat it's people like shit. move them to France to be treated even shittier, and then wonder why they go mental every once in a while.
The French didn't MOVE the Algerians to France. They came willingly to improve their standard of living.

If they were "moved' to france you'd think they would be only too pleased to be told they are being sent back to Algeria. Of course their not pleased. Back to a third world country with only a camel for company. No wonder the quietened down with the threat of repatriation.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:00 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
You are equating events that happened 100's of years ago with what's happening in the world today. How is that a fair comparison?
The French last invaded Algeria in 1983

hardly hundreds of years ago.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I'd rather be on the dole in France than begging on the streets of Algiers!!!
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:04 am
@matthewb76

No wonder the quietened down with the threat of repatriation.
How do you repatriate someone born in France from France?
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:05 am
Account Closed

The French last invaded Algeria in 1983

hardly hundreds of years ago.
and how many Algierians did they drag back to Paris with them in 1983?
Old Nov 10th 2005, 5:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

and when the French moved into the Ivory Coast / Cameroon / Senegal / Algeria as they fancied a bit of an empire, did the French abide by French law or Algerian law?

Just wondering because I often hear about assimilation now we are under threat. but when the British were trouncing half of India, how did we assimilate ourselves with the locals?
We left...

So did the French.

After a bit of a hoohah.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:22 am
Account Closed

How do you repatriate someone born in France from France?
How can you be so sure that they were born in France and not Algeria?
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:26 am
Account Closed

How can you be so sure that they were born in France and not Algeria?
Birth certificate?
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Boiler
Birth certificate?
and each rioter on the TV coverage has had his birth certificate hanging round his neck has he?
Old Nov 10th 2005, 9:41 am
Account Closed

and each rioter on the TV coverage has had his birth certificate hanging round his neck has he?
I think in France you have to have ID, so not quite but nearly.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

deng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to alldeng890 is a name known to all

Well then, under your point you're not really a citizen then, are you, even by naturalization. Whats the point in naturalizing if there are still 'deportable' offenses for bona fide naturalized citizens? You'd really just be a foreigner who's allowed to vote.
You're a naturalized citizen, why do you believe that natural born citizens are so much better then you? Under your logic, wouldn't a lot of our crimes be solved if deportation was the punishment for everyone?

P.S: Common law doesn't exist in France, they have a civil law system.

Originally Posted by franc11s
I thought I had a point but obviously it didn't work. What pxxsses me off so much is that 1000's of cars and buildings are torched and the nancies in Europe do little to control them. The curfew wasn't working (at least from what I heard on the BBC) because even immigrants (not only) have no respect for common law. What good is a curfew if there is NO follow through (as there wasn't). The threat of instant deportation is the only REAL recourse you have, next to shooting people...

Personally I think EVERY country should deport newly created supposed citizens who TOTALLY dispect their fellow citizens in THIS type of way.

I am now a US citizen and if I torched a car, they should take away my citizenship and send me packing.....

If the point is lost on everyone else, I'm sorry... I tried...badly..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.