Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Filing Taxes for 2006

Filing Taxes for 2006

Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:16 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Filing Taxes for 2006

Does anyone know of any good e-file tax programs online for the 2006 filing season?
Last year I went to the IRS website and used their link to TurboTax - it was cheap and easy, but it seems this avenue is closed to me as they are only for households who made less than $50K in 2005.

I went to H&R Block for about 4 years but they were gradually getting exorbitant, so I was glad to see the IRS provide a few different options last year.

Thanks for any pointers.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:19 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filing Taxes for 2006

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Does anyone know of any good e-file tax programs online for the 2006 filing season?
Last year I went to the IRS website and used their link to TurboTax - it was cheap and easy, but it seems this avenue is closed to me as they are only for households who made less than $50K in 2005.

I went to H&R Block for about 4 years but they were gradually getting exorbitant, so I was glad to see the IRS provide a few different options last year.

Thanks for any pointers.
Nice thread. As this will be my first year to file I'll be interested to read any opinions. I was intending on using H&R Block, but perhaps there are better options available, and I shouldn't imagine that my returns will be that complicated (no house or car).
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:20 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

TurboTax - it was cheap and easy, but it seems this avenue is closed to me as they are only for households who made less than $50K in 2005.

There's TurboTax and TaxCut. Both will happily work if you have a household income of >$50k/yr.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Or just walk into your nearest H+R Block.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:24 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
How much can one expect to pay for such a priviledge ??
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:25 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit

There's TurboTax and TaxCut. Both will happily work if you have a household income of >$50k/yr.
What I meant was, that it is not in the IRS's Free File program.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:26 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
about $100 depedning on what needs filling. The benifits are immediate refund if due, and they insure you against IRS noseying around...basically if they file for you and the IRS pull your records they will supply and attorney for you and pay any fines/interest due.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:26 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Last time my wife and I went with H&R Block it was $120.00 for a straight forward return.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

Last time my wife and I went with H&R Block it was $120.00 for a straight forward return.
Which is screw all for the insurance you get in the event the IRS take interest in you.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:28 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Also, if you deduct, the cost of having your taxes prepared is a dedduction.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:29 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

What I meant was, that it is not in the IRS's Free File program.
Cheap bugger!
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Just for the newbies and pedants here. The OP is asking about filing taxes for 2005 in 2006...
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:32 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Cheap bugger!
Guilty as charged
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Celsius
Just for the newbies and pedants here. The OP is asking about filing taxes for 2005 in 2006...

I refer the honourable gentleman to this:

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:33 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Same here, that was last year. We paid the little bit extra for the 'protection'. Which means that if the IRS find a mistake from the H&R Block quotes, then H&R Block will pay your refund to you. It's worth it just in case they cock it up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.