Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fig Newton Thread - Figgy - please feel free to participate

Fig Newton Thread - Figgy - please feel free to participate

Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fig Newton Thread - Figgy - please feel free to participate

Originally Posted by Fig Newton
I was going to answer your post until I read the last sentence of your post. No point bothering then.
See - that is where you go wrong, I have made a reasonable point and not been offensive. The last sentence is a possibility. Why should that preclude you from answering me. If you are not a troll (and you probably aren't because of the passion you reply with) then you have a right to your opinions - and as I said I respect those.

I stand by my points.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
See - that is where you go wrong, I have made a reasonable point and not been offensive. The last sentence is a possibility. Why should that preclude you from answering me. If you are not a troll (and you probably aren't because of the passion you reply with) then you have a right to your opinions - and as I said I respect those.

I stand by my points.
Do you really think by pandering to him that you're going to get him to be objectionable and positive? Its like reasoning with a small child throwing a tantrum and he's got the attention he's craving. Do yourself a favour and don't even bother, it will save your sanity in the long run.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been reading these threads with interest, and while I respect your views Figs I really think you have misinterpreted and misunderstood both the people and the nature of this forum. As has been said many times most of us love the States, have many friends here, enjoy the culture and in most cases very settled. However, as is natural, we miss home and fellow Brits occassionally and come on here to share thoughts and let off steam. Now that may be offensive to you and that is fine, most of my American friends don't. The reality is that we are not vindictive just laughing in most cases at the differences between our cultures. I don't want to change the US culture to my own or even try, but i do protect my right to discuss, laugh at, and at times ridicule it rather than go mad!!

I can't remember the link but there is an identical site for US expats in the UK, with mirror comments and moans.

You can argue as much as you want - we use this site for something you don't think we should - we have chosen the US and should stick with it warts and all - abandoning our Country? We differ on this opinion. Period. The rest is going round in circles and name calling.

Although I am pretty sure you are a troll, probably in blighty laughing your head off - in which case good sport old bean!

Thats an excellent post and Mr Newton should probably read it again as he obviously didn't quite understand it seems with his reply.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:08 pm
Banned

Fig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant future

See - that is where you go wrong, I have made a reasonable point and not been offensive. The last sentence is a possibility. .

Your words: "Although I am pretty sure you are a troll, probably in blighty laughing your head off - in which case good sport old bean!"

Sorry, any reasonable person would say that goes well beyond giving a person the benefit of the doubt. You lose and you get no response.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:09 pm
Banned

Fig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant futureFig Newton has a brilliant future

Got to run. Have a nice day.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:10 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

in which case good sport old bean!"
Time to buy another British/American english dictionary Fig, your one is out of date.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Thats an excellent post and Mr Newton should probably read it again as he obviously didn't quite understand it seems with his reply.

Oh he gets it, he just chooses to ignore it.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:19 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Oh he gets it, he just chooses to ignore it.
Is it just me who is getting dizzy with the speed at which we are going round and round the same circle here?
Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Your words: "Although I am pretty sure you are a troll, probably in blighty laughing your head off - in which case good sport old bean!"

Sorry, any reasonable person would say that goes well beyond giving a person the benefit of the doubt. You lose and you get no response.

I don't lose, cos really I don't care. And with that attitude I can see why people call you names though I won't join them. Perhaps my last line was inappropriate as you clearly have no sense of humour.

Still my points are valid, and you don't disagree.

I feel it might be you who lose my friend. Have a nice day.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Is it just me who is getting dizzy with the speed at which we are going round and round the same circle here?
so that everyone can put the troll on ignore:

Just hit the 'Submit' button:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/profi...ddlist&u=41630
Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

yorkie2 has a brilliant futureyorkie2 has a brilliant futureyorkie2 has a brilliant futureyorkie2 has a brilliant futureyorkie2 has a brilliant futureyorkie2 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
so that everyone can put the troll on ignore:

Just hit the 'Submit' button:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/profi...ddlist&u=41630
Just done it - see my posts on the "other" fig infested thread

Steve
Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Do you really think by pandering to him that you're going to get him to be objectionable and positive? Its like reasoning with a small child throwing a tantrum and he's got the attention he's craving. Do yourself a favour and don't even bother, it will save your sanity in the long run.
You are right of course - couldn't have been more reasonable and he ignores me as he does others on techncalities. He's just here for an argument it seems!

Don't worry my sanity left me a long while back
Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:29 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

You could have said just that and that would have been just fine but to fit in with your friends you felt you needed to insert "idiot." Isn't that right?
Oh shut up.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fig Newton vs Warrior Life - same person? Haven't we had similar circular arguements in the recent past?
Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:31 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Fig Newton vs Warrior Life - same person? Haven't we had similar circular arguements in the recent past?
T-R-O-L-L

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.