Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fender Bender

Fender Bender

Old Feb 19th 2006, 5:39 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fender Bender

Originally Posted by woodsey
my hubby crashed my car when it was only 3 months old and caused $30,000 worth of damage.. took them 5 months to fix it and our premiums have doubled, the day after we picked up our car the company went bust and the people who still had their cars in that garage had to go to court to get them back so we were very lucky however they did an appalling job of fixing it and it had to go back in for another few thousand dollars worth of repairs, when the tow truck came to pick it up, it reversed into it and took the back bumper off..
I'm guessing you never play the Lottery
Old Feb 19th 2006, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I did, driving on a UK license, which is legal seemingly, the cops didn't seem to care.

I'd check that one if I was you. I was told by the local police that because I was a resident of NJ I could not use my UK licence. Plus they also told me that my insurance would be null and void if I did not have a current NJ licence.

My NJ licence ran out for a few weeks and because of NJ overly strict insurance laws I decided not to drive until it was sorted it.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 6:47 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete
I'd check that one if I was you. I was told by the local police that because I was a resident of NJ I could not use my UK licence. Plus they also told me that my insurance would be null and void if I did not have a current NJ licence.

My NJ licence ran out for a few weeks and because of NJ overly strict insurance laws I decided not to drive until it was sorted it.
Hmmm, she checked this with the insurance company and they said it was OK, it's Allstate....let the fun begin