Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fender Bender

Wikiposts

Fender Bender

Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:04 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Fender Bender

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
It's a '99 with a flake, about 88,0000
had a new master cylinder at some stage?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:05 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Tut tut tut....look at the corrosion on the battery terminals..typical builders truck.
I did go out and wipe some vaseline on the terminals, but there's just something not quite right about doing that
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:05 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

had a new master cylinder at some stage?
Not since I've had it, about 2 years.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:07 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I did go out and wipe some vaseline on the terminals, but there's just something not quite right about doing that
I know, first there's the dodgy looks in the drugstore then the look of horror from the old woman when you get it out the bag onto the kitchen counter when you get back home.

"It's for the car" gets even stranger looks....I just go for the pour warm water over method now.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Got in a fender bender on the way home from work today. I'm happily nipping down Route 73 in the centre lane and the van in front suddenly dives off to the right and lo and behold, right in front of me is stationery traffic, so I jam on the anchors, decide that isn't going to work and try and swerve round the Oddysey in front of me..too late, crunch. We pull over and exchange details and phone the old Bill. 3 cars turn up, decide we're not in their area and call the next towns Police dept. Eventually the right cops turn up and it's all very pleasant, except now I haven't got an offside headlight and my door won't shut properly, which is never a good sign Oh, how I'll laugh when the next insurance bill turns up

Wait a minute - I thought you failed your drivers test?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by willmore
he's still got a pink UK one though....

"No officer...I'm definately not a legal resident and this is my sisters truck/van/car" works a treat.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by willmore
I did, driving on a UK license, which is legal seemingly, the cops didn't seem to care.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:13 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yes !! good pic ... unfortunately ..that type of damage is not covered by your particular insurance company .. unless of course it happened when there is a Z in the month...
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:13 am
Account Closed

I did, driving on a UK license, which is legal seemingly, the cops didn't seem to care.
I did the same but you've opened a can of worms here boy....It'll end in tears i tell ya!!! (Been dying to say that)
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Ah yes !! good pic ... unfortunately ..that type of damage is not covered by your particular insurance company .. unless of course it happened when there is a Z in the month...
Dezember?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by Ray
We're covered, but there's a $500 deductible....bummer.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Ah, now I understand jack! Happy to hear that you weren't hurt in the accident though!
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:16 am
Account Closed

We're covered, but there's a $500 deductible....bummer.
Not if you drop the body shop $50 to bump the estimate up another $500 matey.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:17 am

Not if you drop the body shop $50 to bump the estimate up another $500 matey.
My first experince of NJ insurance, we'll see if it's as bad as they say
Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:24 am
Account Closed

My first experince of NJ insurance, we'll see if it's as bad as they say
Good luck anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.