Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fender Bender

Wikiposts

Fender Bender

Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:08 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fender Bender

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I'm young, I'm new, I'm keen, I'm ready to impress..... oh hang on, that's someone else
I was like that once, then i had the will to live ripped clean out of me by the realities of corporate society and the unrelenting monotony of a 9-5 existence.

Oops - time for another heineken
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:09 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I was like that once, then i had the will to live ripped clean out of me by the realities of corporate society and the unrelenting monotony of a 9-5 existence.

I was joking
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:10 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

I was joking
I wasn't - the fridge is empty
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:11 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't - the fridge is empty
That's worse than having a Fender Bender
Old Feb 18th 2006, 4:14 pm
Thinking about it

That's worse than having a Fender Bender
I have managed to locate what looks like a 30 years old bottle of kahlua in the pantry - wish me luck
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:19 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Got in a fender bender on the way home from work today. I'm happily nipping down Route 73 in the centre lane and the van in front suddenly dives off to the right and lo and behold, right in front of me is stationery traffic, so I jam on the anchors, decide that isn't going to work and try and swerve round the Oddysey in front of me..too late, crunch. We pull over and exchange details and phone the old Bill. 3 cars turn up, decide we're not in their area and call the next towns Police dept. Eventually the right cops turn up and it's all very pleasant, except now I haven't got an offside headlight and my door won't shut properly, which is never a good sign Oh, how I'll laugh when the next insurance bill turns up
Mrs R. slid down an ice covered drive last winter and did 2k's worth of "ouch' to her Odyssey. The insurance bill has actually gone DOWN this year. She wanted to call the cockney lizard until I asked her if she was completely mad. Naturally, the van was fixed for half the estimate and I dropped the local bodyshop $50 to give me a "hookey' bill/proof of repair for said lizard.Lovely jubbly.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:25 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

That reminds me of the advert for Verizon and Blackberry: "Now you can take your office everywhere with you!" Er, no thanks. I'd rather not be a 24/365 office slave droog.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
That reminds me of the advert for Verizon and Blackberry: "Now you can take your office everywhere with you!" Er, no thanks. I'd rather not be a 24/365 office slave droog.
If you can keep the Blackberry that is....The US Government is in a quandry about this one, they've issued all their top bods with Blackberrys and with the pending court case, they're in a muddle I see an out of court settlement coming.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:32 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

If you can keep the Blackberry that is....The US Government is in a quandry about this one, they've issued all their top bods with Blackberrys and with the pending court case, they're in a muddle I see an out of court settlement coming.
"injunction banning the sale of BlackBerry devices in the United States and forcing Research in Motion to stop providing e-mail services to all American
customers except government account holders."

Hmmm...the wheels of power have already begun to spin up I feel.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:35 am

"injunction banning the sale of BlackBerry devices in the United States and forcing Research in Motion to stop providing e-mail services to all American
customers except government account holders."

Hmmm...the wheels of power have already begun to spin up I feel.
Yep, funny old world
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:37 am
Account Closed

Yep, funny old world
Amazing what you can do if you've got the might of the US powerhouses behind you.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:37 am

The offending item
Attached Thumbnails Fender Bender-oops.jpg  
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:38 am
Account Closed

The offending item
Ah looks like a real truck now.. I'd leave it as is. Plenty round here driving round far worse than that.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:40 am

Ah looks like a real truck now.. I'd leave it as is. Plenty round here driving round far worse than that.
Seems to be having trouble shifting gear as well, gearbox and engine out of alignment anyone?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:42 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to be having trouble shifting gear as well, gearbox and engine out of alignment anyone?

Look on the bright side, maybe you can get it totalled. Someone once ran very gently into the front of a little Mazda I had. Bent the front axle. Car went to the happy hunting grounds. (I think they're made of the same stuff as beer cans.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.