Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fast Food Joints?

Fast Food Joints?

Old Apr 25th 2007, 1:41 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Fast Food Joints?

Originally Posted by franc11s
I've also got to like lately, on toast, Marmite and Jam together..... for breakfast.... kind-of-like the perfect sweet and sour

Toast, a generous schmear of marmite all topped with a tablespoon of raspberry jam.
Of course when I mention this I am often accused of blasphemy.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Very true...that's because it's chopped up eyelids, intestines etc then reconstituted to look like chicken breast.
Wendys has a new chicken salad sandwich on some kind of crusty roll/bread thing - to my surprise, it was really good.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 1:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Wendys has a new chicken salad sandwich on some kind of crusty roll/bread thing - to my surprise, it was really good.
This Jerseygirl won't be trying it.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
This Jerseygirl won't be trying it.
lol reminds me of what we say to kids who are too chicken to try something...

"Good! More for me!"

Actually it was terrific bread - far better than anything subway has, and just nice simple chicken salad. Of course, you'd have to actually like chicken salad...
Old Apr 25th 2007, 2:14 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lycanthrop
Absolutely the worst fast food ever was the rubbish 7-11 used to sell years ago.....the "hamburgers" came in a foil wrapper with the buns stacked and the "meat" showing.......even with 6" of everything on it.......still tasted like bile.......but starving student and all that......
I don't know...outside of Highbury is a man of questionable hygiene selling 'meat patties' from the back of a very shabby trailer before each match. It has a taste somewhat like congealed diarrhea, though that is just an untested comparison. But the horror of eating that 'hamburger' haunts me to this day...
Old Apr 25th 2007, 3:54 pm

Lycanthrop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by penguinsix
I don't know...outside of Highbury is a man of questionable hygiene selling 'meat patties' from the back of a very shabby trailer before each match. It has a taste somewhat like congealed diarrhea, though that is just an untested comparison. But the horror of eating that 'hamburger' haunts me to this day...
Weeeellllll...........if its not chains we're comparing, then the Chinese "restaurant" in the Edmonton Airport should be shut down, burned and the owner brought up on charges of crimes against humanity..........

That pile of indescribable horror was the only thing between myself and collapsing from hunger and exhaustion........on reflection, a ride in an ambulance might have been safer........at least I could have eaten the blanket.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:31 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Weeeellllll...........if its not chains we're comparing, then the Chinese "restaurant" in the Edmonton Airport should be shut down, burned and the owner brought up on charges of crimes against humanity..........

That pile of indescribable horror was the only thing between myself and collapsing from hunger and exhaustion........on reflection, a ride in an ambulance might have been safer........at least I could have eaten the blanket.
I wonder if that was the one that was just closed--I read about something in Edinburgh being shut for crimes against cuisine. Might have been a Chinese grocery.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
... Subway isn't bad but I think both of these are better....
the thing with subway, it's all very healthy until you actually stick anything in the sarnie, any of those dressings, cheese or meats kill it completely...
Old Apr 25th 2007, 4:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely the worst fast food ever was the rubbish 7-11 used to sell years ago.....the "hamburgers" came in a foil wrapper with the buns stacked and the "meat" showing.......even with 6" of everything on it.......still tasted like bile.......but starving student and all that......
used to sell? they still do
Old Apr 25th 2007, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
used to sell? they still do
No way........the stuff in 7-11 now is 10 times better than it used to be...........and that isn't saying a lot
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Supersize Me? superb
Yes! That was it! EVERYONE entering McDs should be made to watch that!
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Mentioned before but deffo "Chick fil A"
Ooo yeah I forgot about Chick fil A. They are very good. Don't have one up here near me but went a few times in VA. I like that they don't entice/ ensnare the kids with all the toys like McDs but have more educational stuff instead.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

miss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to behold

Chick Fil A is nice..........I love the chicken salad butties from Arbys tho cos you get nuts and fruit on it...yummy!
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by danfan
Ooo yeah I forgot about Chick fil A. They are very good. Don't have one up here near me but went a few times in VA. I like that they don't entice/ ensnare the kids with all the toys like McDs but have more educational stuff instead.
I'll PM you 2 chicken sandwiches and 8 nuggets in exchange for a packet of pork scratchings........going rate??
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'll PM you 2 chicken sandwiches and 8 nuggets in exchange for a packet of pork scratchings........going rate??
Oooo pork scratchings. If I had any, they'd be all gone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.