Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Famous TV personalities you DON'T miss.

Famous TV personalities you DON'T miss.

Old Oct 19th 2004, 5:13 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Famous TV personalities you DON'T miss.

16 responses and no mention of Vanessa Phelps, you guys are slipping.
Old Oct 19th 2004, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Manc
16 responses and no mention of Vanessa Phelps, you guys are slipping.
Feltz? The pig-face fitness-instructor humper? Yeh, she can go too.

And Lisa Riley.
Old Oct 19th 2004, 6:43 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I've been away from England for so long I'd forgotton about the Feltzster. And Anthea Turner. And Noel.
Old Oct 19th 2004, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond repute

Some interesting choices here! Des O Connor (he is just way too smug, is not funny) Anthea Turner, Les Dennis, Russell Grant, Chris Evans, The Beckams.
I actually like Jeromy Clarkson (its refreshing to find somone who tells it as it is). I am also a big fan of Chris Tarrant (now retired from Capital FM). I would like to see Jamie Oliver on a cooking show with Martha, it would be real interesting to see how they interacted as there "styles" are somewhat different!!
Old Oct 19th 2004, 6:54 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mad Max7
[COLOR=Blue]I would like to see Jamie Oliver on a cooking show with Martha, COLOR]
Hey, if you want to stick Jamie Oliver in prison then you get my vote! Just make sure that you lose the key.
Old Oct 19th 2004, 7:57 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

1) Carol Vorderman.

I have never, ever seen more than about 20 seconds of 'Countdown'.

2) Cherie Blair.

3) That male presenter on 'Crimewatch UK' with the heavily lacquered hair - I can't remember his name. It's a good programme though, riveting viewing.

4) The first time my husband spotted David Dickinson from 'Bargain Hunt' on BBC America (who to me seems to be a cross between Dale Winton and Ian McShane from 'Lovejoy') he said "that man looks like a pervert".

Going slightly off-topic, I'm shocked about the allegations about Jimmy Saville....yikes, just think of all those kids he must have encountered on "Jim'll Fix It" :scared: Apparently that other paedophile Gary Glitter (Paul Gadd) is still living out in Cambodia after being deported from Cuba.....
Old Oct 19th 2004, 8:02 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Englishmum]3) That male presenter on 'Crimewatch UK' with the heavily lacquered hair - I can't remember his name. It's a good programme though, riveting viewing.

QUOTE]Nick Ross?
Old Oct 19th 2004, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

OH, and Paul Daniels 'You're gonna like it, not a lot"

No, actually, I'm not going to like it at all
Old Oct 20th 2004, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

pdamiant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tony_2003
The woman missing Jeremy "Im more intelligent than you peasant" Paxman got me thinking. Which TV personalities from British Television DON'T you miss? I'll extend this to any British personality that is frequently on telly, so it could be a pop star who turns up every week on TOTP.

Here's my list for a start.

1. Richard and Judy
2. Cliff Richard
3. Jeremy Paxman
4. Anthea Turner
5. Dot Cotton
6. ANY morning TV presenters.
7. Kilroy

You forgot Dale Winton, there is a new band out soon, it is Jose carerass, Placido Domingo, Luciano Pavaroti and Dale Winton together, they are going to be called the three tenors and the nine bob note
Old Oct 20th 2004, 12:33 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pdamiant
You forgot Dale Winton, there is a new band out soon, it is Jose carerass, Placido Domingo, Luciano Pavaroti and Dale Winton together, they are going to be called the three tenors and the nine bob note
I sincerely hope he's not still "famous" over there?
He only ever became famous because Britain seemed to go through a phase where camp as hell was cool. Didn’t he change that God awful abomination Supermarket Sweep to Dales Supermarket Sweep or something?

Yes that twat Paul Daniels can get on our luxury one way rocket to the moon as well. Anyone remember when the Tory ****** said something like "I'm leaving the country if Labour get into power"? And a TV show, (I'm thinking it was Chris Evans) sent round a bunch of removal vans the day Labour won the election
Old Oct 20th 2004, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony_2003
Yes that twat Paul Daniels can get on our luxury one way rocket to the moon as well. Anyone remember when the Tory ****** said something like "I'm leaving the country if Labour get into power"? And a TV show, (I'm thinking it was Chris Evans) sent round a bunch of removal vans the day Labour won the election
I betr that was hilarious i would have loved to have seen it
Old Oct 20th 2004, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
1) Carol Vorderman.

I have never, ever seen more than about 20 seconds of 'Countdown.
She was all over the TV when I left england and I have seen her loads on this trip too... she is sooo annoying.

Ash
Old Oct 20th 2004, 3:52 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to add something to this topic, especially as nobody as mentioned the couple of talentless media whores who like to be known as Ant & Dec. These two having been living off the fact that they were in Biker Grove about 10 years ago ever since. They've also managed to do something incredible by making Noel's House Party actually look quite good in comparison to their god-awful Saturday night show.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:37 am
C.G.D.S

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
I have to add something to this topic, especially as nobody as mentioned the couple of talentless media whores who like to be known as Ant & Dec.
I'll see your Ant and Dec and raise you a John Leslie.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sibsie
I'll see your Ant and Dec and raise you a John Leslie.
One I do miss is the ever entertaining Keith Floyd. But could never abide Ainsley Harriot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.