Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Fahrenheit 9/11 sounds too much like Fahrenheit 451

Fahrenheit 9/11 sounds too much like Fahrenheit 451

Old Jun 21st 2004, 4:19 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Fahrenheit 9/11 sounds too much like Fahrenheit 451

This is just getting ridiculous. People are bitching about the fact that Moore is creating his own publicity for his film when in fact, it's idiots like this that are doing it for him.

Bradbury: Change 'Fahrenheit' title

Last edited by rincewind; Jun 21st 2004 at 4:59 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:36 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 sounds too much like Fahrenheit 451

Originally posted by rincewind
This is just getting ridiculous. People are bitching about the fact that Moore is creating his own publicity for his film when in fact, it's idiots like this that are doing it for him.

Bradbury has certainly taken his time to make his complaint public. It is interesting to note that a new edition of his book will be published in eight weeks time...
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 12:54 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NC Penguin
Bradbury has certainly taken his time to make his complaint public. It is interesting to note that a new edition of his book will be published in eight weeks time...
Gee, Bradbury wouldn't be after publicity now would he????

I guess Mr. Moore is also behind the Move America Forward group that are actively harassing theatres to not show his movie. Silly me. Should have seen that coming.

And there was me thinking it was just a group of republicans with absolutely no life whatsoever and nothing better to do than try to dictate what the public view. I guess the truth really does hurt.

Last edited by rincewind; Jun 22nd 2004 at 1:01 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 1:40 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rincewind

The lies of Michael Moore

Anyone like reading Slate on MSN? Here's its take on the Michael Moore film (too long to cut & paste)

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 2:03 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dbark

Anyone like reading Slate on MSN? Here's its take on the Michael Moore film (too long to cut & paste)

Sorry Deb, can't open it, but as I can't stand MM I'd like to

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723

The following error was encountered:

Unable to determine IP address from host name for slate.msn.com
The dnsserver returned:

Name Error: The domain name does not exist.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 3:33 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally posted by dbark

I would point out his inaccuracies in that piece, but I agree, it is too long

I've read articles by Christopher Hitchens in the past and he enjoys attacking any kind of thought provoking movie. Worst still, he makes ridiculous comments that are far from the truth (his viewpoints on World War II are grossly inaccurate).

I for one can't wait to see the movie. Not because it was made by Michael Moore, but because it is another viewpoint on the whole 9/11 incident. Personally, I'm tired of hearing about 9/11. What's done is done and no amount of discussions on TV or in film is going to reverse what happened. It was a great mistake that may or may not have been prevented.

But Moore's viewpoints interest me. Maybe I won't agree with all he says. I didn't agree with everything in Bowling For Columbine but it was a movie I feel all Americans should see.

There are those that hate Michael Moore (my wife's cousin being one of them), but not everyone is going to share the same view. That my friends; is freedom of choice.

Last edited by rincewind; Jun 22nd 2004 at 4:04 pm.