Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Express UK Passport Renewal in NY?

Express UK Passport Renewal in NY?

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

MissF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Express UK Passport Renewal in NY?

Hello,
My husband needs to renew his british passport in the next couple of weeks. Since he is flying to Canada every weekend (to see me!) he needs his passport almost all the time. Has anyone heard of an express passport renewal service?

Thank you

Florence
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 9:48 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express UK Passport Renewal in NY?

Originally posted by MissF
Hello,
My husband needs to renew his british passport in the next couple of weeks. Since he is flying to Canada every weekend (to see me!) he needs his passport almost all the time. Has anyone heard of an express passport renewal service?

Thank you

Florence

All passports are done at the British Embassy in Washington, and they say that it takes 10 working days to process them. I suggest you call them up, if you have special circumstances, to explain this to them and see if they can do anything for you. I just sent in my renewal and they have had it 8 working days so far. Just type British Embassy Washington into any search engine and you'll get the site, complete with phone numbers, etc.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 2:40 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Everything you need to know is here on the the British Embassy web site. I had to FedEx my application from NC, and I had a new passport back in barely more than a week.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 12:49 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
All passports are done at the British Embassy in Washington, and they say that it takes 10 working days to process them. I suggest you call them up, if you have special circumstances, to explain this to them and see if they can do anything for you. I just sent in my renewal and they have had it 8 working days so far. Just type British Embassy Washington into any search engine and you'll get the site, complete with phone numbers, etc.
My British passport's about to expire so I called the British Embassy in DC (this is the only place to get passports/renewals).

The gentleman I spoke to was very helpful and told me the turnaround time is about 2 weeks (read 10 business days). Remember to enter a date earlier than when you really need to travel.

Also, the return of the passports (your old one and the new one) can be expedited for an additional fee.

All the info. you need is on the British Embassy website (someone gave the link in a previous message).
Old Mar 5th 2004, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

MissF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks

Thanks for the URL Pulaski. I called the Embassy as NC Penguin suggested and I found a way to get the passport back in less than 5 days..

Just in case someone needs it too:

http://www.passportvisaexpress.com/uk_passports_5d.htm

Thanks for the prompt reply guys!

Florence