Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Explanation of the Primaries please.

Explanation of the Primaries please.

Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:01 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Explanation of the Primaries please.

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Hmmmm. And yet you still cant get a reasonably affordable and reliable cell phone, cheap cable or broadband and half the nation can't afford the great medical technology. The US is actually way behind India (FFS) when it comes to cell phones. Sorry, just felt I needed to run your country down. You'll get a lot of that here - welcome
If she substituted "tends to" by "used to" she'd have been closer to the mark.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:02 am
Just Joined

SuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really nice

How is the United States behind India (would you like a mint, or perhaps a nice curry?)? People jump on the U.S. about its carbon emissions, but conveniently overlook India and China, for fear of appearing prejudiced. It's always okay to kick the United States, without looking at the actual facts.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:08 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm. And yet you still cant get a reasonably affordable and reliable cell phone, cheap cable or broadband and half the nation can't afford the great medical technology. The US is actually way behind India (FFS) when it comes to cell phones. Sorry, just felt I needed to run your country down. You'll get a lot of that here - welcome
I know you guys love running my country down. You do it out of love I'm sure. Just remember who invented the internet and the cell phone.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:12 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
I know you guys love running my country down. You do it out of love I'm sure. Just remember who invented the internet and the cell phone.
Constructive criticism.

Better knock this lot off your list BTW.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:12 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SuzanneMaria
How is the United States behind India (would you like a mint, or perhaps a nice curry?)? People jump on the U.S. about its carbon emissions, but conveniently overlook India and China, for fear of appearing prejudiced. It's always okay to kick the United States, without looking at the actual facts.
Erm.....not been here long have you? You'll get the hand of it after a while. Get to know who the wankers are first and then take everything else with a pinch of salt

In answer though - americans still think it is star trek to have a phone with a poxy fm radio or a 512mg memory card. In india, as they have very limited access to TV and other forms of mass media entertainment, hence the cell phone industry is booming with 2 gig memory cards and whole movies being downloaded straight to phones from the net all over the country. Not kickng america at all. If I wanted to do that I wouldn't mention something as silly as cell phones, really now would I?

Further though, get any mobile handset n the UK on pay and go - get an O2 sim card and for around ten quid a month you get 150 free anytime minutes and three hundred free texts (at least when I left a year and a half ago, prolly cheaper now) - or never put a penny credit onto it and never lose your number while always having free incoming calls. In the US right now companies are boasting that you get free incoming minutes - big wow! There's my two cents. Trust me, you will grow to like me in time

Last edited by Silly Sod; Jan 4th 2008 at 3:17 am.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:16 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

And then charged through the nose for it. When I left the UK we had 200 channel cable TV, free local and weekend phone calls and broadband internet. Guess how much. Go, I dares ya!!! 11 GBP a month forever. And yes, as you well know, it is done out of love (and a desire to be mischievious)
ya he he
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:16 am
Just Joined

SuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really niceSuzanneMaria is just really nice

This is meant ONLY half-jokingly:

TRY being a f--king American one day. You know the rest of the world can't stand you for starting a war in Iraq. You might have even been militantly against that war to begin with, but what does it matter now? You were absolutely mindblown on September 11, and wanted nothing more than revenge, and any citizen who watched people jumping from buildings to avoid burning to death would. Your closest ally, the U.K., goes into Afghanistan with you (and you get the feeling that you're supposed to be SOOO greatful, as if World Wars I and II never happened, and the U.S. didn't change the course of those). Well, Afghanistan aside, a nuttty U.S. president and a Play-doh prime minister decide to attack Iraq, neither country even CONSIDERING what should happen after the invasion. Now the British leader is out of office, and the American one will be following shortly. So what does the next administration do: Cut out and leave the country to civil war, or stay there as a permanent military presence, to make sure it doesn't become a land like al Qaeda's, particularly for women?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:19 am
Septicity

TRY being a f--king American one day. You know the rest of the world can't stand you for starting a war in Iraq. You might have even been militantly against that war to begin with, but what does it matter now? You were absolutely mindblown on September 11, and wanted nothing more than revenge, and any citizen who watched people jumping from buildings to avoid burning to death would. Your closest ally, the U.K., goes into Afghanistan with you (and you get the feeling that you're supposed to be SOOO greatful, as if World Wars I and II never happened, and the U.S. didn't change the course of those). Well, Afghanistan aside, a nuttty U.S. president and a Play-doh prime minister decide to attack Iraq, neither country even CONSIDERING what should happen after the invasion. Now the British leader is out of office, and the American one will be following shortly. So what does the next administration do: Cut out and leave the country to civil war, or stay there as a permanent military presence, to make sure it doesn't become a land like al Qaeda's, particularly for women?
So become British instead. You've been there long enough to naturalize.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:21 am
Bugger Off!

Erm......I was actually just taking the piss out of your cell phone technology and overpriced cable and broadband. Don't have a cow.
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Constructive criticism.

Better knock this lot off your list BTW.
Thank you so much for opening my eyes! I've been walking the Earth ever so ignorant. Lemme give you a big fat kiss! MWAH! LoL As if.... Funny that you wouldn't be able to tell me that if it weren't for the internet.
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by fatbrit
So become British instead. You've been there long enough to naturalize.
ZING!!! I think is the US term
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:23 am
Bugger Off!

Thank you so much for opening my eyes! I've been walking the Earth ever so ignorant. Lemme give you a big fat kiss! MWAH! LoL As if.... Funny that you wouldn't be able to tell me that if it weren't for the internet.
If we were in the UK though we could tell it to you for a hell of a lot cheaper
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:25 am
Just Joined

uga, I gather you're large-breasted, the point being.....what?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:25 am
Riding on silver wings

And then charged through the nose for it. When I left the UK we had 200 channel cable TV(200 channels and nothing on just like here), free local and weekend phone calls (just like here plus free weeknights)and broadband internet. Guess how much. Go, I dares ya!!! 11 GBP a month forever (but you get screwed at the pump so it levels out in the end). And yes, as you well know, it is done out of love (and a desire to be mischievious)
ya he he
Here's some love back at you

By the way, have you made arrangements to see the dentist?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:26 am
Riding on silver wings

uga, I gather you're large-breasted, the point being.....what?
Thank you It works for me You should check out Deb's rack. She's got a pair that'll make Pam Andersen blush.

EDIT: Changed the av so you could see the rest of me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.