Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Evidence of Intent to Marry???

Evidence of Intent to Marry???

Old Apr 26th 2002, 3:10 pm
Scott

Default Evidence of Intent to Marry???

Sorry I got another one, what evidence of intent to marry should I provide besides
the Original Statement of Intent to Marry which we both signed. Has anyone else
provide this type of information along with the statement of intent? About to send
out the I-129F and would like to hear from your experiences both good and bad.

Thanks Scott

Old Apr 26th 2002, 3:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Evidence of Intent to Marry???

Where is it asking you for "evidence" of intent to marry? It only asks for original letters from both fiancees of their intent.
Old Apr 27th 2002, 6:40 pm
Scott

I read it off of the K-1 FAQ website, its said as of 2000 they wanted evidence in
additition to the statement of intent to marry. If they are not doing that then that
is great, just wondering if anyone else hasnt done this and still got the visa.

"Rete" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Where is it asking you for "evidence" of intent to marry? It only asks for original
    > letters from both fiancees of their intent.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    >
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 27th 2002, 6:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I've never heard of anyone bringing evidence other than the letter of intent. Some people voluntarily brought engagement ring receipts and wedding invitations. But they were not mandatory.

Hope someone from the years 2000, 2001 and 2002 respond to your post.
Old Apr 27th 2002, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

tomato is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you talking about the proof of meeting? That was the only evidence I had to send in with my I-129F package.

If that's what you're talking about...I sent photos of us together, copies of my boarding passes from my flights, a copy of the UK stamp in my passport, copies of a receipt for an extension on a plane ticket, a printout of six months' worth of phone calls to him (available online through my old long distance service), etc.

Hope that helps.
Old Apr 28th 2002, 6:40 am
Clint \

I only sent the letter of intent with proof of relationship. Fiancée received visa on
April 17th with no problems. I didn't buy her a ring. I didn't reserve the church
until after the visa. Don't worry, everything will work with just the basic stuff
outlined in the I-129f. "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:4AEBB31AE90FACE6.48417F57D69342...lp.airnews.net...
    > Sorry I got another one, what evidence of intent to marry should I provide besides
    > the Original Statement of Intent to Marry which we both signed.
Has
    > anyone else provide this type of information along with the statement of intent?
    > About to send out the I-129F and would like to hear from your experiences both good
    > and bad.
    >
    >
    > Thanks Scott